2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

so on wip they are killing jeff stone about how dumb he was....ike reese proceeds to call him a "dumb ass"...so about a half hour later out of the blue his brother calls up and is pissed at ike

anyway he confirms that the tv and shrimp cocktail stories are 100% truth...but that the moon story isnt

anway his brother was a really cool guy and was nice about it and it was actually pretty sad how he was having to defend his brother...ike eventually apologized and stones brother accepted and all was well in the world

btw he also said one of the main reasons he didnt succeed in philly was john felske and how he benched him for weeks at a time after every mistake he made

it was pretty surreal and fascinating all at once...this is why everyone should listen to wip

fyi- jeff currently lives in missouri and works on his farm
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

oh for the youngins and non philie fans who may not know the infamous jeff stone stories

shrimp cocktail - true

jeff at a restaurant in center city with a couple players one of whom orders a shrimp cocktail...jeff is then asked if hed like one to which he responds "i dont drink"

television - true

jeff is in venezualua playign winter ball one year and buys a tv for his apartment...upon the completion of the season jeff returns home to the states and elaves the tv...when asked why he responds "cause it only go spanish channels"

moon - false (tho after the first two stories does it really matter?)

supposedly jeff asked a teammate in philly once "if the moon here was the same moon as in missouri"

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 28, 2008, 12:00:06 PM

anyway he confirms that the tv and shrimp cocktail stories are 100% truth...but that the moon story isnt

Care to elaborate? Never heard those stories.

Always thought Stone would become a player similar to Vince Coleman. Too bad the mid to late 80's bums were such a mess.

ice grillin you

Wingspan

Sounds riveting.

He was a dumbass though.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

youll have to excuse me im with philly sports like sd is with star wars...so this kind of trivial stuff fascinates me

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 28, 2008, 12:24:43 PM
youll have to excuse me im with philly sports like sd is with star wars...so this kind of trivial stuff fascinates me

I'm much more trivial with philly sports than I am with star wars...those stories rang a bell

Wingspan

I know the stories...but I still don't care about Jeff Stone's brother.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

pretty sure no one said you didnt know the stories

PhillyPhreak54

Me too. I love hearing stories like that, behind the scenes stuff and whatnot.

But to say everyone should listen to WIP because out of the blue a guy whose brother played for the Phillies 20+ years ago called in and put Ike on blast for calling his brother a dumbass is a little out there.

Either way, I don't miss WIP at all. When I got back to PA in 2003 that station was on 24x7, but I just grew tired of the garbage,

ice grillin you

even if he didnt call in you get jeff stone talk...aint getting that anywhere else out side of my basement at 3am on a saturday morning...and yes id be talking to myself

SD_Eagle5

I have Stone's rookie card and it might even be autographed. Its yours.

ice grillin you

i have his rookie card....but if yours is autographed id love it...thanks g

BigEd76

Phils/IronPigs on CW57 if anyone wants to check out the new stadium in Allentown