2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

I think he shoulda been giving opening day.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 28, 2008, 04:26:30 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on February 28, 2008, 03:30:43 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 28, 2008, 03:07:58 PM
kendrick three solid

Some may say he's a 3.  I think he's more of a 4.

As long as he builds on what he did last year,  I don't care where he is in the rotation. 

i used to wait for his bottom to fall out...now i wait for the time when im not waiting for his bottom to fall out...i dont know if ill ever get to the point where im confident that hes a major league pitcher
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 28, 2008, 04:46:10 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 28, 2008, 04:26:30 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on February 28, 2008, 03:30:43 PM
kendrick three solid

Some may say he's a 3.  I think he's more of a 4.

As long as he builds on what he did last year,  I don't care where he is in the rotation. 

i used to wait for his bottom to fall out...now i wait for the time when im not waiting for his bottom to fall out...i dont know if ill ever get to the point where im confident that hes a major league pitcher

That's a Philly trait.  It's what makes us Negadelphians.  Kendrick could rack up 6 Cy Young awards in the next 7 years, set crazy records and most Phillies fans would still be waiting for the bottom to fall out. 

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 28, 2008, 04:50:44 PM
That's a Philly trait.  It's what makes us Negadelphians.  Kendrick could rack up 6 Cy Young awards in the next 7 years, set crazy records and most Phillies fans would still be waiting for the bottom to fall out. 

good point

SunMo

come up with that theory from your mountains of data did you?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

And that 1 year without a cy young award would lead for 75% of WIP callers demanding him to be traded for prospects.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

romey still waiting for hedo turkoglu's bottom to fall out?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on February 28, 2008, 04:54:13 PM

come up with that theory from your mountains of data did you?

Temple statistics professor.   

mpmcgraw

people think Kendrick is going to suck becuase he doesn't strike anyone out and walks too many.   

not exactly a temple journalism class here.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 28, 2008, 03:33:35 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 28, 2008, 03:31:56 PM

savery lit up

bust

its not official until he has his tommy john surgery

TJ surgery is the cool thing to do now. Its pitchers who dont have James Andrews cuttin on their elbows who you should worry about.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Billy Beane on February 28, 2008, 05:31:47 PM
people think Kendrick is going to suck becuase he doesn't strike anyone out and walks too many.   

not exactly a temple journalism class here.

negative chief....its because he came out of nowhere has no stuff to speak of and has pitched less than one full year in the majors

mpmcgraw

having no stuff to speak kind of has a direct impact on what I said.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Kendrick is basically the "RP" in VORP.  Insert generic average pitcher here.

Wingspan

Kendrick is a Tim Wakefield or Jamie Moyer in the making. His pitch selection is actually perfect for CBP, being a sinkerball pitcher, he is going to get a lot of ground balls.

If he gets more control of his fastball and changeup, he can be in the majors for a long time. Nothing flashy...just steady.
Connection Problems