2008 Phillies Spring Training Thread

Started by Wingspan, February 14, 2008, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Like I was just telling my boy who worries about everything...

So what if he misses even the first month of the year? As long as they have him down the stretch thats all that matters. They will need Flash and Madson to step up for the first month.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 24, 2008, 04:05:36 PM

So what if he misses even the first month of the year? As long as they have him down the stretch thats all that matters. They will need Flash and Madson to step up for the first month.

Phreak, why are you defending this? Damaged goods. Everyone KNOWS that April is the most crucial time for the Phillies year after year. Having EVERYONE be able to contribute is key. They can't farg around again this year and expect the Mutts to implode again.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on February 24, 2008, 04:54:50 PM

Phreak, why are you defending this? Damaged goods. Everyone KNOWS that April is the most crucial time for the Phillies year after year. Having EVERYONE be able to contribute is key. They can't farg around again this year and expect the Mutts to implode again.

I can't help but laugh at this because every year the Philles have a horrible April and people start complaining, you're the first person to point out that "It's only April."  And then the Phils go on to miss the playoffs by a game or 2.

Could it be?  Are you finally coming over to The Dark Side? 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyGirl on February 24, 2008, 04:54:50 PM

Because I just fail to see the reason why I should freak out about Lidge needing minor knee surgery that will keep him out only for a little while.

Damaged goods? Too early to tell. But looking at what they gave up I am more than willing to like the Phillies FO for taking this gamble. I really like Michael Bourn, but in order to get a closer who has a great fastball and one of the game's best sliders, I'd give him up. Costanzo and Geary are trash.

Yes they need to start strong in April, but losing Lidge will not be the reason they implode in April, assuming they do. It will be because Howard starts out slow again like he did last year or because Rollins goes back to being the notorious slow starter that he is or because they fail to hit with RISP like they always do - not because the closer is out for a few weeks.

They lost Myers, Gordon and Madson all at one point during last season and survived with that trash. They can survive this. I am not going to leap off a bridge in February.

PhillyGirl

Last year, I said that they needed to win in April. I came around after 2-3 years of them coming so close but failing by a few games.

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

nm...

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 24, 2008, 05:23:02 PM

Damaged goods? Too early to tell.

He arrived at his opening press conference on crutches...

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Billy Beane on February 24, 2008, 02:59:18 PM
Lidge is getting surgery to take out part of his miniscus he will be out 3-6 weeks so he will be back the first week of the season worst case scenario.

actually that would be best case scenario...worst case would be that he tries to come back in april cant do it gets put on the shelf for another month or two then tries to again come back cant do it and is deemed out for the year

looking at phillies and their history and the history of sports in the city i question anyone who isnt clinically depressed over this
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Brad Lidge underwent successful surgery on his right knee Monday

"He went in and cleaned out about 15 to 18 percent of it, which leaves him a good 80 percent of the meniscus left," Phillies trainer Scott Sheridan said. "For us, it really was the best-case scenario that it was the only thing going on. His other side of the knee that he had repaired (Oct. 1) was fine, so it's pretty simple for us." Lidge still has a chance of being ready for Opening Day.

ice grillin you

while anything is better than you posting your own thoughts you really need to chill on the meaningless copy and pastes that you do 10 times a day

reese125

shtein...anything I post is relevant "new" news or future news that will happen

I'll take my 10 valid posts over your 167 posts/day of pure "meaningless" comments any day of the week flappy lip

Thanks
Your idol

ice grillin you

lidge having surgery that everyone already knew was taking place is not news...going in and finding two torn ligaments that would keep him out for the year would be news

but like i said these copy and pastes are >>>>>> your own posts so ill take the lesser of two evils

carry on

reese125

Wingspan

You'd think the best case scenerio would be that he was a healthy, effective closer. But what do I know?

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.