Started by ice grillin you, May 01, 2007, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Conversation with my daughter on the way to her softball game this morning:

Daughter: you know I don't have school on Monday or Tuesday
Me: why...it one of those Jew holidays?
Daughter: yes it's Rosh Hashana

Geowhizzer

Funny thing is that I don't have off for Rosh Hashanah, but I do for Yom Kippur... and last year, it was the other way around.

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 24, 2022, 04:43:11 PM
Funny thing is that I don't have off for Rosh Hashanah, but I do for Yom Kippur... and last year, it was the other way around.

3:10 mark

https://youtu.be/CZG1nH4j4YQ

The thing that separates the wire from other great shows in a similar genre is they're primarily carried by a great lead actor...Tony Soprano...Walter White etc. The wire just has many layers of great characters

MDS

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on September 24, 2022, 04:34:37 PM
Conversation with my daughter on the way to her softball game this morning:

Daughter: you know I don't have school on Monday or Tuesday
Me: why...it one of those Jew holidays?
Daughter: yes it's Rosh Hashana

this is how powerful the jews are...even being nice its like 5% of the population of the school district (teachers/students/admin) and of that 5% like 3/4ths dont give a shtein about the holiday. so basically everyone gets a 4 day weekend for nothing...good stuff

at my old jew school they used to give us the off for smaller jew holidays and some of them lasted a week. those were amazing.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

RIP to him

"rat fargers! all of ya's!"

QB Eagles

PhillyPhreak54

21 years ago today it premiered

Diomedes

So?

It was a great show.  But it was just a goddamned show.

Let's move on. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Who hasn't moved on? You angry this morning pal?

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on June 03, 2023, 07:22:09 AMSo?

It was a great show.  But it was just a goddamned show.

Let's move on. 

1 scene from the wire is more valuable than your entire life
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

The Wire is like the Grateful Dead.

Pretty good, but Jesus Christ, the fans.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on June 03, 2023, 02:15:45 PMThe Wire is like the Grateful Dead.

Pretty good, but Jesus Christ, the fans.

Shakespeare fans suck too
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

That's why I don't visit the Shakespeare thread.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Know who would like Shakespeare?

Prez.