Jordan Matthews, WR, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, May 09, 2014, 08:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Let me guess, your new system involves nutsack juices and yodeling. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

i think this kid is going to light it up in his rookie season. light it up.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Jordan Matthews : 44rec, 558yds, 6tds

All WR's taken before:
Odell Beckam Jr: 31rec, 463yds, 3tds
Sammy Watkins: 45rec, 649yds, 5tds
Mike Evans: 46rec, 794yds, 7tds
Brandin Cooks: 53rec, 550yds, 3tds
Kelvin Benjamin: 52rec, 768yds, 8tds
Marques Lee: 13rec, 141yds, 0tds

ice grillin you

what stands out there is how much the nfl has changed....first round wr's used to have to wait till like year three to start putting up numbers like those....the league is a video game now

also i think marquis lee is the only wr on that list id take matthews over...of course its not 100% fair to compare the X and Y
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 21, 2014, 10:45:15 AM
what stands out there is how much the nfl has changed....first round wr's used to have to wait till like year three to start putting up numbers like those....the league is a video game now

Yup.  Occasionally you'd get a guy like Moss who could tear shtein up right away, but WR and QB were 2 positions that required a year or 2 of "grooming" before they'd get significant playing time.  The mindset used to be that  RBs can start right away but QB and WR needed time to learn.  The league rules have shifted so dramatically to favor the passing game that you've got a surplus of rookie QB and WR making impacts from day 1. 

Quotealso i think marquis lee is the only wr on that list id take matthews over...of course its not 100% fair to compare the X and Y

Eh, it's hard to say.  I think any of those guys would look really good in Chip's offense. 

ice grillin you

thats kind of my point...matthews is putting up good numbers in the chipstem and he has the least talent of anyone on that list

i wanted bejamin last year bad in the first

Sgt PSN

I totally misread that comment......for some reason I thought you were saying that Lee was the only guy you'd take over Matthews.  Not sure how I jumbled that one up.....probably due to my being an idiot. 

Watkins or Beckam in this offense would give me infinite bonerz. 

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 21, 2014, 11:10:10 AM
thats kind of my point...matthews is putting up good numbers in the chipstem and he has the least talent of anyone on that list

I'd take Matthews over Lee, has nothing to do with stats I just think he's really mediocre. In a normal world I'd rather have Benjamin over Matthews, in Chip's offense I'd take Matthews. He runs better in space and is more physical. Benjamin can go up and catch passes with the best of them but he's not as good in space.

PhillyPhreak54

I am happy with Matthews - but then again I wanted him from the get go...

Eagles_Legendz

I wanted Evans or OBJr going into the draft.  Evans has outperformed even what I expected and Beckham is going to be insane - I think if used correctly maybe best WR in the class.

Matthews has been fine.  No problem with him besides random drops, but his ceiling isn't the same as most on that list.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on November 21, 2014, 11:30:40 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 21, 2014, 11:10:10 AM

I'd take Matthews over Lee, has nothing to do with stats I just think he's really mediocre. In a normal world I'd rather have Benjamin over Matthews, in Chip's offense I'd take Matthews. He runs better in space and is more physical. Benjamin can go up and catch passes with the best of them but he's not as good in space.

thats what i mean by it not being really fair to compare the slot to the outside...benjamin isnt expected to run in space...and matthews isnt being told to go up and get balls or run down the field.....overall tho it think benjamin has a much bigger upside....matthews i think can always be really productive but benjamin can be a game changer

Eagaholic

I wouldn't want Lee, mostly because of injury concerns. If Benjamin was a good camper type pretty good chance Chip would have taken him if he could. Nice compilation of stats SD, I've been wondering how they all compare. It also has to be taken into account that Matthews has been on a team that may by the end of the season have 100 - 200 more plays than some other teams like the Bucs, Bills and Panthers. That skews the numbers a bit, but of course Matthews was drafted later so maybe it evens out.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Makes sense, he knows the system and him and Wentz are tight. I was glad when they got rid of him because I thought Wentz was too comfortable throwing to him over the middle instead of trying to stretch the field, but in this current predicament he's as good as they're going to get.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep - all things considered this move is about the best they could do.