The "I Miss Sassy" Sports Thread

Started by Rome, February 06, 2008, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

hockey is white cause there isnt any brothers in canada...but the ones that can play are allowed in...lacrosse and golf are exclusive in the US

also most of the white kids growing up in canada playing hockey are poor kids who learn to play on a pond in kamloops...they arent private school seashellers paying 20 thousand bucks a year to be in a travel league that couldnt beat the worst kindergarten team in canada
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

i still love ya big guy dont ever change
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

The best kid on our high schools lacrosse team was black, he got a full ride to UD.

A couple of other kids got scholarships to La Salle...they were white. No, they weren't rich. Middle class at best.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

Claymont is definitely not middle class, i'd go below that.  lol

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Haha well yeah one of my best friends from Claymont played for the lacrosse team...but the ones that went on to play in college were more like Talleyville, Brandywood, etc....middle class kids.

But, no, IGY's right...only really rich white people play it.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Munson on May 14, 2009, 02:40:34 PM
Middle class at best.

shocking

i can only imagine how big a dream it is to be middle class for people who reside where youre from

Munson

Not that big, considering the neighborhood next to my old high school has been shopped by TO, Lito Sheppard, and Sheldon Brown.

No one on the lacrosse team lived there though.

You're still an idiot.

rjs246

This conversation is awesome. Why are you trying to convince IGY of anything. He has irrational biases that are deeply ingrained and will not budge under any circumstances. I guarantee that he has no problem with the sport itself, he just hates that rich white people are the ones who stereotypically represent the sport. As though there's some vast conspiracy to keep lacrosse out of the inner cities. Never mind that kids from public schools and widely varied socio-economic backgrounds all over the east coast (and growing) play as well.

IGY is delusional.
Munson is an idiot.

There, conversation complete.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Don Ho

I'm just waiting for the polynesians to get a hold of lacrosse.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

At least we have confirmed what was already suspected...IGY hates himself.

ice grillin you

no the sport REALLY sucks (its easily worse than soccer and thats saying something)....its just that the people that play it somehow suck more and almost overshadow how bad the actual sport is

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

Filly wins another championship.

Mine That Bird made another great late run. Came from last up to 3/4ths of a length behind Rachel Alexandra to finish second.

ice grillin you