The "I Miss Sassy" Sports Thread

Started by Rome, February 06, 2008, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Phantoms were sold to a group out of Pittsburgh, and the team might move to Allentown
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Sgt PSN

i'll take "things no one cares about" for $1000, alex. 

a:  the rams, raiders and avengers.

q:  what are football teams that didn't last in LA? 

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/afl/news/story?id=4082717

BigEd76

their best player was a Levittown/Morrisville guy that went to West Chester

Sgt PSN

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

I was disappointed that no one would be really kissing their sister.

I vote lame.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

BigEd76

supposedly the logo (crest whatever) and name of the new MLS team

QB Eagles

Shockingly, not that bad. I still can't believe they're building a soccer stadium in Chester, though.

Sgt PSN

i like the design but don't care much for the colors.  good thing this is probably the last time i'll ever see it.

BigEd76

dis12

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 11, 2009, 12:13:43 PM
that Union thing was made official today

http://www.philadelphiaunion.com
QuoteThe region's new pro soccer team made it official today, during a noontime ceremony at Philadelphia City Hall: It will be called the Philadelphia Union and wear the city colors of gold and blue.

The new Major League Soccer team also announced ticket prices for 17-game packages. They start at $275 for the least expensive seats and rise to $1,100 for packages including reserve parking and food and beverage services.

"We're going to sell the place out, and we're taking MLS by storm," said Tom Veit, the team president.

The Union's season is scheduled to start next spring at an 18,500 seat stadium being built on the Chester riverfront.

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***