Momma LeBron Arrested

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 22, 2006, 03:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteAKRON, Ohio -- The mother of Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James has been arrested for driving while intoxicated, disorderly conduct and other charges, police said.

Gloria James, 37, of suburban Green, was pulled over Friday night by two off-duty officers, said Akron Police Lt. Rick Edwards.

They were working security for the Akron Metropolitan Housing Authority in an unmarked car when they spotted James, who was alone in the 2004 Cadillac Escalade, he said.

The officers say James' car "almost hit" the housing authority car, Edwards said.

"She starts weaving in and out of traffic and passing people on the right," he said.

The officers said James smelled of alcohol and she appeared to be disoriented, Edwards said. She struggled with police as they attempted to put handcuffs on her. They put her in the back seat of the housing authority car and she kicked out a window, Edwards said.

James was taken to a police station, where she refused to take breath or sobriety tests, Edwards said.

She posted a $2,500 bond and was released.

She was charged with reckless operation, speeding for driving 50 mph in a 30-mph zone, operating a vehicle while intoxicated, disorderly conduct and damaging police equipment.

LeBron James, in Salt Lake City for a game against the Utah Jazz, declined to comment.

"I don't have all the info of what's going on," he said. "Once I find that out and once I sit down with my family, you know, I'll be able to comment on it a little bit better."

MDS

Shes 37? My dad is 53 and my mom would also be 53. Jeez.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mcnabbmvp

Finally the show Cops gets a celebrity on their show.
"One thing in the NFL, it's not the team with the best players (that wins). It's the team that plays the best as a team." - Corey Simon,DT EAGLES

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Your son has millions yet you can't afford a fargin cab ride?

Stupid, irresponsible bitch.

Sgt PSN

As much money as she's got now, she should have just bought the bar.  And then slept there.  And then sold it the next morning.