With the 15th pick in the 2012 NFL draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select....?

Started by SD, April 21, 2012, 08:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regardless of if they trade up or down, who do the Eagles pick with their first selection?

Ryan Tannehill
0 (0%)
Morris Claiborne
0 (0%)
Quinten Coples
4 (22.2%)
Justin Blackmon
0 (0%)
Stephen Gilmore
1 (5.6%)
Fletcher Cox
6 (33.3%)
Michael Floyd
0 (0%)
Luke Kuechly
1 (5.6%)
Melvin Ingram
1 (5.6%)
Mark Barron
1 (5.6%)
Dontari Poe
0 (0%)
Courtney Upshaw
1 (5.6%)
Dre Kirkpatrick
1 (5.6%)
Riley Reiff
1 (5.6%)
David Decastro
0 (0%)
Kendall Wright
0 (0%)
Whitney Mercilus
0 (0%)
Michael Brockers
1 (5.6%)
Nick Perry
0 (0%)
Jerel Worthy
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

SD

I'm changing my pick to Brockers. Cox is going in the top 10, and Coples is probably taken by 15. After Cox I'd take Poe but he doesn't fit the mold of an Eagles DT. I think Brockers is there at 15 and that's who they pick.

rjs246

I officially don't care about the draft. Again. farg the front office.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

Im going Barron--and if they dont take him Ill put money on it the Jets scoop him up right after the Eagles and make him an all-pro.

SD

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

hbionic

I voted for Luke Kuechly for no reason other than you can factor out the first four letters of his first name out of his last name and you're left with CHY. CHY can be transported onto the word Coo and get 'COOCHY'. If you add 'OOCHY' to that, you get a guy who's name is 'OOCHY-COOCHY'. What a fag.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

QB Eagles

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hbionic on April 23, 2012, 11:23:40 PM
I voted for Luke Kuechly for no reason other than you can factor out the first four letters of his first name out of his last name and you're left with CHY. CHY can be transported onto the word Coo and get 'COOCHY'. If you add 'OOCHY' to that, you get a guy who's name is 'OOCHY-COOCHY'. What a fag.

Wtf?  Stay outta my Maker's.

SD

Ray Diddy was on with Gargano and Macnow and said he's hearing that Dallas will take Brockers if he's there. He also said the Eagles will try to trade up for Cox but ultimately he thinks they'll fall short.

Assuming Dallas takes Brockers and someone else takes Cox, Kalil, Claiborne, Blackmon, Tannehill, RG3, Luck, Richardson, are locks to go in the top 10, a few other teams might take guys like Decastro/Reiff, players like Kuechly, Barron, Poe, Ingram, Gilmore, Coples has to drop. I'd be fine with any of those players but realistically the Eagles aren't selecting Kuechly, Poe's not a fit for what they run, Ingram probably doesn't fall that far, and I can't see the Eagles taking Barron meaning they'd have used a 1st round pick and 2 2nd rounders on a Safety within the last 3 seasons...just very uncharacteristic of them. So one of Coples or Gilmore could be there. Who do you take at that point? I like Coples but Gilmore is unquestionably the second best CB in the draft and getting him at 15 would be a steal.

ice grillin you

if that happens barron is the no brainer pick

in fact i keep going back n forth btwn barron and brockers as the guy i want and today im back to barron...i like him as the pick best for them because of the upgrade he would provide....its the one position where immediately youd be like holy shtein they went from that (coleman) to THIS (barron)....it would be a sick jump and a guy who is a starter from his first day of mini camp thru the next five years (assuming he pans out)

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah if it goes down like that Barron has to be the guy.

My worry with Brockers is it seems as if people doubt he will be a pass rusher. He seems to be in the Mike Patterson mould of occupying space and defending the run.

Cox and Barron are my top two

ice grillin you

brockers is a 6-6 310 21 year old man child beast....him and patterson should never be mentioned together again

and i dont think many people would say that brockers wont rush the passer one day...he just didnt do from the tackle position in college a lot...hes only played one year at DT...hes a project in the pass rush game...but from day one he would be the best run stopper on the eagles...if the kid is willing to learn from him washburn can make him into the best defensive player in the draft...in fact he has the highest upside of anyone in the draft imo other than the two qb's and richardson...think richard seymour in his prime

id be fine with cox but i put him a level below brockers one because of the higher ceiling brockers has and two because cox is almost to versatile imo...its almost like he could play everywhere on the line but doeesnt really belong anywhere...this feeling could easily be brought on by years of watching the eagles stupid line rotation where guy are moved inside and outside depending on down and distance and coming in and out of the gme from different spots...dropping into coverage

gimme a guy i can plug into a single position who will play at or near and all pro level for the next ten years

reese125

name me the last defensive or hell even offensive player (mcnabb?) the eagles scooped in the first that played at or near all pro level for 10 years