9 Panthers Investigated for Roids

Started by Zanshin, March 13, 2005, 10:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Larry

I betcha the Gramatica-slayer is one of 'em.
More Mahe please.

dis12

just to show what kinda mood I'm in today, I really thought this was gonna be a story about hemmoroids :boom
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

QB Eagles

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

QB Eagles

MDS

Other team juicing
2/3 of the team injured

Chokers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Larry was right about Sauerbrun being one of them.

I like it when he rips on the moronic  Dramatica Gramatica family. Even the snot nosed college kicker Santiago got into it with Sauerbrun. :-D

Damn cheaters!

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phillymic2000

Quote from: PhillyGirl on March 29, 2005, 10:38:49 PM
This is a funny picture:

Holy crap, Mitchell's neck is wider then his head :-D

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on March 29, 2005, 08:13:30 PM
Quote from: QB Eagles on March 29, 2005, 06:05:33 PM
Used them right before the 2004 Super Bowl

Cheating bastiches! :boom

Which means they were probably using during the NFCCG.

farging cheating bastiches!  I demand a re-count.  That prick LB who speared DMac must have been juiced like Hollywood Henderson before Super Bowl XIII.  Manning had to have been roided up to manhandle Pinky like he did ::)
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Delcoeagle

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/29/60II/main683747.shtml

E-mail This Story  Printable Version

Steroids Prescribed To NFL Players

March 29, 2005

An exclusive report reveals the names of three NFL players who filled steroid prescriptions before they played in the 2004 Super Bowl.  (Photo: CBS/AP)

"This is not even medicine. This is better athletes through chemistry."
Mignon Simpson

(CBS) A list obtained exclusively by 60 Minutes Wednesday reveals that three Carolina Panthers professional football players had prescriptions filled for a banned steroid less than two weeks before they played in the 2004 Super Bowl.

Contributor Anderson Cooper also reports that two of the players repeatedly refilled their steroid prescriptions -- in one case, 10 times.

Cooper's exclusive report will be broadcast on 60 Minutes Wednesday on March 30, at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

The prescription records, obtained by 60 Minutes Wednesday, show that offensive lineman Todd Stuessie got 11 prescriptions for testosterone cream over an eight-month period in 2004.

That same record also shows that Panthers' lineman Jeff Mitchell filled a testosterone prescription seven times. Todd Sauerbrun, one of the best punters in the NFL, received more than just testosterone. According to the list, he also obtained syringes and Stanozolol, an injectable steroid also banned by the NFL. The prescriptions were written by Dr. James Shortt, a South Carolina doctor.

NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue confirmed at a team owners meeting last week that the league is investigating what happened. David Black, a forensic toxicologist who helped the NFL set up its drug-testing program in the late 1980s, tells 60 Minutes Wednesday that there is a problem if the NFL's testing program didn't catch players receiving so many steroid prescriptions for so long.

"If this continued to go on, under the umbrella of that program, then that program needs to be reevaluated...and have some substantial improvement," says Black.

The NFL says it plans to toughen its screening for testosterone, but there's one banned substance the league doesn't have any test for yet: Human Growth Hormone. Like steroids, HGH can help make big athletes even bigger, but there's currently no reliable test for it.

Shortt was also providing HGH to NFL players, says Mignon Simpson, one of the doctor's former employees, who says she shipped some of the HGH to the players. She also tells Cooper that "possibly a half dozen" professional football players received HGH from the doctor: "The amount and dosage...I don't recall, but I know when things cost...[a] couple of thousand dollars, that's not a little bit."

Despite an ongoing Drug Enforcement Administration investigation, Shortt is still a practicing physician. "This is not even medicine," says forensic toxicologist David Black. "This is better athletes through chemistry."

Shortt declined to be interviewed by 60 Minutes Wednesday for this report, while Mitchell and Steussie did not respond to repeated calls and letters.

When contacted by phone, Sauerbrun said this about Shortt, "I like the guy very much."

Then, 10 minutes later, he called back and said, "Dude, we got our communications confused. I don't know this guy."

SD_Eagle5

Ahem  ;D

Figured it's better that I point it out before PG swims in for the kill.  ;)

Delcoeagle

Oh well.
To late and in the wrong forum.

I won't lose any sleep.