Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

I thought I's start a thread about the good and bad videos games out there.  So post whatever you like and dislike so some of us know what games to rent/buy or pass on.  Or post about games you are curious about and some might know about.

I rented Call of Duty, Finest Hour last week and thought it was awesome.  It takes place during WWII and you are a russian soldier at first, then a brit and then an american.  Its very realistic and once you get the controls down its alot of fun.  You get to control tanks and jeeps and blow alot of shtein up.  I beat the game in 5 days on easy, but it was still really challenging.  I couldn't imagine trying it on medium.   I'd def recommend the game to anyone who likes 1st person war games. 

Games I've want to try out:

Prince of Persia 2, Devil May Cry 3, Gran Turismo 4, ESPN Baseball 2K5 anyone get to try these out yet??? 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Will have to grab Gran Turismo 4 at some point, definitely.

Wingspan

like my other thread said...

Resident Evil 4 :yay

but only cool people with gamecube can play it for now.  ;D

i've looked at call of duty. but how does it compare to Medal of Honor: Frontline? (Rising Sun was not very good overall, or at least not as good as Frontline)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MURP

Currently Im playing MGS3.   Great game.  I refuse to buy Turismo again, the game is so good it sucks the life out of you.

PoopyfaceMcGee

You're right.  You won't need a video game to suck the life out of you soon.  Marriage has the same effect.

Susquehanna Birder

I'm still pounding on Doom 3. I play about an hour at a time...but it's taking me forever to get through it. And sometimes is scares the shtein out of me (figuratively).

MURP

Im sorry to hear that Mrs. TAFKAFF has that affect on you.   Make sure to repeatedly hit the  select button in between rounds next time.   :crazy

Dillen

ESPN Baseball is decent, but the graphics are terrible. MVP is a lot better

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mussa on March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM
I
Games I've want to try out:

Prince of Persia 2

Recently finished it and it was unbelievable, if you liked the first one, then you're gonna love this one. Just started 'X-Men Legends' and so far it's alright. I'll probably buy Star Wars Republic Commando next time I'm near a GameStop.

NGM

Quote from: Dillen37 on March 15, 2005, 05:27:10 PM
ESPN Baseball is decent, but the graphics are terrible. MVP is a lot better

Bought that last week at the beginning of spring break, which was a bad idea because that is all I did during the week.  If you are looking for a very authentic simulation this is the way to go. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

mussa

Quote from: Wingspan on March 15, 2005, 05:20:30 PM

i've looked at call of duty. but how does it compare to Medal of Honor: Frontline? (Rising Sun was not very good overall, or at least not as good as Frontline)

I never played the others, but from what i heard its similiar, but i also heard call of duty is better than those two. 

Ive tried to rent Prince of Persia, but errrtime i got to blockbuster its out.  damn no late fees keep that one copy out all the time i suppose. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on March 15, 2005, 05:23:46 PM
Im sorry to hear that Mrs. TAFKAFF has that affect on you.

Only when she wants to.  Which is pretty much always.

YogurtSlinger

Recently converted from a PS2 to an XBox, and Halo 2 has been the game of choice of late. Getting online and shooting people from work is a nice touch...  :paranoid
"No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he be vigilant in its preservation." -- General Douglas MacArthur

dpierce

Quote from: MURP on March 15, 2005, 05:21:03 PM
Currently Im playing MGS3. Great game. I refuse to buy Turismo again, the game is so good it sucks the life out of you.

I bought Gran Turismo 4 it the day it shipped. It blows GT3 out of the water. Simply amazing. Better graphics, more realistic response in the vehicles, and the AI's more aggressive - although it's still no match for my "Goggles Pisano" driving technique.

Your quote might explain why I've been so tired lately too.
Crier of the week: Terrorists of all backgrounds. Tantrums are selfish acts by children; extortion and murder disguised as fervor for a cause are both selfish and just plain evil. "We're gonna blow up things and kill people until we get our way!" There's a convincing argument, huh?

dpierce

Quote from: mussa on March 15, 2005, 05:43:28 PM
Quote from: Wingspan on March 15, 2005, 05:20:30 PM

I never played the others, but from what i heard its similiar, but i also heard call of duty is better than those two. 

Ive tried to rent Prince of Persia, but errrtime i got to blockbuster its out. damn no late fees keep that one copy out all the time i suppose.

I bought both Call Of Duty and Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun at the same time. While I'm a both a Navy Vet and a WWII Pacific War history buff, I favor Call Of Duty a little more. The graphics are better (Activision still got it) and the gameplay is spectacular. I had to stop playing for a while because it was so addictive - well, that and GT4 arrived in stores.
Crier of the week: Terrorists of all backgrounds. Tantrums are selfish acts by children; extortion and murder disguised as fervor for a cause are both selfish and just plain evil. "We're gonna blow up things and kill people until we get our way!" There's a convincing argument, huh?