Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Diomedes

In light of the uproar over Scarlett Johansson's casting to play a transgender man in a movie--she's been forced off the movie now--I'd like to ask what are the rules now?

Going forward, is it acceptable to require than anyone playing a black male character be black and male?  A white lesbian character must be portrayed by a white lesbian actress, not a straight one?  And the director...can the director of a movie set in Asia be anything but Asian?  When you stage Othello, you have to cast a bona-fide Moor for the title role?

From now on, no one may pretend to be something they are not, and no one who is not that thing, whatever it is, may tell any stories about it or make any money on that project?

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Pretending to be something you're not while portraying a fictional character is VERBOTEN. 

General_Failure

ScarJo, the greatest actress of our time, was forced off a project by those evil liberals because they demanded a transgender actor play the part. They don't know what they're missing, she was great as an Asian woman in Ghost in the Shell.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

I don't understand either of the previous posts.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

Quote from: Diomedes on July 14, 2018, 04:37:13 PM
I don't understand either of the previous posts.

ScarJo is short for Scarlett Johansson

Verboten is German for forbidden

Diomedes

Thank you.  Yes, those parts translated just fine.  What I don't understand is the meaning of the comments.

Rome

Not sure how "fictional" turned into that gobbledygook. 

Rome

Babyhands chose to publicly side with an ex-KGB murdering dictator over his own intelligence and law enforcement communities. 

I'm trying to conceive of what would have happened if Obama had done the same but I can't quite get there. 

Simply incredible. 

smeags

c'mon romey, stop being such a snowflake, trump said putin's denial was very strong, so how else could he respond ?

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

from another episode of 'this republican seems like a swell guy' snowflake jason lewis got upset cause he isnt allowed to call women sluts anymore

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/18/politics/kfile-jason-lewis/index.html
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 19, 2018, 08:30:36 AM
from another episode of 'this republican seems like a swell guy' snowflake jason lewis got upset cause he isnt allowed to call women sluts anymore

I sympathize with him

Rome

Yet women will still vote for him.  If they refuse to help themselves, too bad. 

smeags

Quote from: AO1 on July 19, 2018, 11:42:20 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 19, 2018, 08:30:36 AM

I sympathize with him

and the least surprising post of the year goes to ......
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it