Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 04, 2019, 11:01:05 PM
How much more is a bottle of soda in the city?

Last time I checked around $4000

MDS

the only people i have seen complain about the soda tax

-sd
-romey
-my republican dad
-my republican cousin jerry who has a foot fetish
-various old white people on facebook

its a big deal
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

You obviously don't know as many people as I do.

Rome

It hits the poor and working class hardest just like other sin taxes.  The worst part of moronic liberalism is their own attacks on their base.  Meanwhile millionaires and billionaires laugh their asses off at us because they get huge tax cuts while we get nickel and dimed to death by stupid & gutless levies like this.

It doesn't surprise me that a dumb ass like Todd doesn't understand that because he's just the sort of self-loathing clueless liberal nitwit the rich bank on when we farg ourselves over.

smeags

its awesome watching a pretty well off craker from the means streets of Cheltenham who prob spens 10mins a year in the inner city talk they he has a pulse on the minority community in philly.

let me guess lil guy ... you're gonne hit me with one your infamous "you're white trash blah blah blah" responses ?

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

you already know youre white trash, i dont need to bring that up

let me reiterate
1) soda is bad for you and you shouldnt be drinking it
2) if you want to you can pay a tax on it just like booze, cigs and tons of other vices have

its really not challenging stuff. ive heard zero people complain about the cigarette or tobacco tax but god forbid you pay an extra 50 cents on your 12 pack of "diet" coke and the whole world is going to end.

you want to argue about the effectiveness of where the money goes, fine. its philly politics so im sure there some bullshtein on it. but i always value the opinions of people who rarely venture into the city on city issues. its a free country and you all can come, live here and vote for who you want and what policies to enact. lauren vidas for 2nd district city council.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

spoken like a true self-loathing white privileged POS
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Quote from: MDS on April 05, 2019, 10:52:12 AM

let me reiterate
2) if you want to you can pay a tax on it just like booze, cigs and tons of other vices have

its really not challenging stuff. ive heard zero people complain about the cigarette or tobacco tax but god forbid you pay an extra 50 cents on your 12 pack of "diet" coke and the whole world is going to end.

you want to argue about the effectiveness of where the money goes, fine. its philly politics so im sure there some bullshtein on it. but i always value the opinions of people who rarely venture into the city on city issues. its a free country and you all can come, live here and vote for who you want and what policies to enact. lauren vidas for 2nd district city council.

Exhibit A why Trump was elected

Stupid unpopular tax - ✔️
Misappropriation of said tax funds - ✔️
SJW bullshtein - ✔️

Philly is the poorest major city in the US, 25% of its residents live below the poverty line. So let's tax the poor who by and large are the ones drinking sugar so we can create a slush fund. While we're at it let's open safe injection sites, add more red light cameras, and tax people who want to transit to different parts of the city.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on April 05, 2019, 11:17:00 AM
Quote from: MDS on April 05, 2019, 10:52:12 AM

let me reiterate

Exhibit A why Trump was elected

Stupid unpopular tax - ✔️
Misappropriation of said tax funds - ✔️
SJW bullshtein - ✔️

Philly is the poorest major city in the US, 25% of its residents live below the poverty line. So let's tax the poor who by and large are the ones drinking sugar so we can create a slush fund. While we're at it let's open safe injection sites, add more red light cameras, and tax people who want to transit to different parts of the city.

you are nuts if you think the majority of trumps base gives a flying farg about taxes...trump farged them in the ass with his corporate tax cut and they love him more than ever...in fact I would bet anything that trump could sign a federal soda tax tomorrow and his cult would 100% support it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 05, 2019, 12:16:04 PM

you are nuts if you think the majority of trumps base gives a flying farg about taxes...trump farged them in the ass with his corporate tax cut and they love him more than ever...in fact I would bet anything that trump could sign a federal soda tax tomorrow and his cult would 100% support it

It's a culmination of things, it's talking points like soda taxes, AOC, immigration, SJW bullshtein etc. Trumps base thinks he's captain Capitalism and their taxes were cut. That thought process shifted to "they're getting more take home pay". Yes they definitely care about their taxes.

ice grillin you

the only care about taxes when a liberal snowflake who cares about brown and black people levies it....when they get farged monetarily by a white supremacist its all good 
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

You're confusing caring and being duped

Rome

Politicians whose sole aim is to enrich the millionaires and billionaires should be targeted like geese. 

Politicians whose sole aim is to fund our society through a fair taxing mechanism should've given lifetime appointments.   In short, tax the motherfarg out of the rich.  If they don't like it, too bad.  Move to Saudi Arabia for all I care. 

Rome

BTW... Trump's "base" consists of about 100 people.  The ignorant rubes who mistakenly follow him because he hates brown people aren't his base; they're his victims.