Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Philadelphia to get a $50 million esports arena

QuoteComcast Spectator have already unveiled plenty of exciting new projects in the area that include a 10-storey office tower, as well as the Xfinity Live entertainment and dining hub. It's all part of the company's plan to make the city of Philadelphia an important part of the rapidly growing competitive gaming scene. It has been estimated that over 400,000 people in the city's television market play Overwatch, and it's hoped that the new esports stadium could help to cater to the demand.

Philadelphia Fusion have already cemented their reputation as one of the world's top Overwatch teams. With well over 100,000 Twitter followers and star players like Gael Gouzerch helping to raise the profile of the esport, it seems as though the planning of the new stadium couldn't be better timed.

Whilst the home of Overwatch has traditionally been in Los Angeles over on the West coast, by creating a dedicated gaming hub on the East coast, Comcast Spectator will be hoping to boost the overall entertainment infrastructure of Philadelphia.[/url]

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

i still have no clue what exactly esports is...is that just a fancy way of saying "video games"?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 26, 2019, 08:12:40 AM
i still have no clue what exactly esports is...is that just a fancy way of saying "video games"?

people playing video games against each other...typical in teams and typically asian. the most popular ones are like world of warcraft or fallout or overwatch or something

i dont play any of them or really any video games anymore, but what ive seen of it is played at such an insanely high speed its impossible to tell whats going on unless you know. its basically like trying to explain someone hockey except the players are moving 100 mph
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

The last video game I was any good at playing:

ice grillin you

this is an amazing story....cant wait to hear this shtein....it was this kind of phenomenal music that my parents rocked when i was a super youngin that i honestly believe got me into the golden age of hip hop as a teenager and i will forever be grateful

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/nat-turner-rebellion-drexel-university-812739/
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Let's arbitrarily decide who should be taxed and who shouldn't.  Worked great with the soda tax. 

MDS

the soda tax is a great thing...tanks for your opinion Florida Man
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

No it's not it's a farging joke

MDS

soda is terrible for you and should be taxed...you want your gross fatty drink pay up

most importantly dumb white people are up in arms about it so you know its good

SD

And diet soda, and Gatorade

Cheesesteaks and pizza are terrible for you we taxing that too?

Black people are up in arms about it too. The moneys going into a slush fund.

Nobody wants to live in the city, city wage living tax, city wage working tax, soda tax, red light cameras everywhere, car insurance rates are a joke.

No surprise people are still leaving the city to purchase soda and it's had an affect on local business

PhillyPhreak54

How much more is a bottle of soda in the city?

MDS

Quote from: AO1 on April 04, 2019, 10:54:55 PM
And diet soda, and Gatorade

Cheesesteaks and pizza are terrible for you we taxing that too?

Black people are up in arms about it too. The moneys going into a slush fund.

Nobody wants to live in the city, city wage living tax, city wage working tax, soda tax, red light cameras everywhere, car insurance rates are a joke.

No surprise people are still leaving the city to purchase soda and it's had an affect on local business

-diet soda isnt a real thing
-tax cheesesteaks, fine by me
-black people have more important things to care about
-the city has a higher population now than it did 5 years ago...the people who are leaving are old white people who dont like the colors theyre seeing (and also gentrification, other issue)
-theres an election in may. all the main city offices are up. youre welcome to vote for who you like oh wait you live in jersey or something
-theres serious issues going on here. crime, trash, affordablity of houses, property taxes. nowhere near high on the list is a god damn soda tax but its a simple easy thing for people to understand (like abortion) so its naturally the issues the red hats are shouting about.