Who to start 2011

Started by Diomedes, September 08, 2011, 11:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

I need to pick exactly four of these guys to start in a 14-team non-PPR this weekend:

Steve Smith (CAR) at CHI
Devery Henderson at JAX
Deion Branch at OAK
James Starks vs DEN
Mike Thomas vs NO
Mike Williams (TB) vs IND
Knowshon Moreno at GB

Diomedes

f if I know...depends who each of them is facing, whether at home or away...etc.

kneejerk:

Smith
Henderson
Thomas
Williams
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

just updated with opponents...

Grant may be out, so even with Starks' bad day Sunday, I'd definitely start him with Grant out
Not really even considering Moreno
Colston may be back for Sunday's game, which hurts Henderson

Pretty sure Smith, Thomas, and Williams are in... but might start Branch over Henderson and would start Starks over Branch if Grant's out.

I want to bench Williams, but I have a hunch that he's due. </major league>

Sgt PSN

So basically you don't have a farging clue.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN

I also have Williams and have played him the last 2 weeks and got about 4 points total from him.  Indy should be a good matchup him but I like the Starks match up (who I also have) and that's the direction I'm leaning towards right now.

SunMo

doug baldwin vs cleveland or brandon lloyd (with aj feely) against dallas?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

coin flip

I'd go with Lloyd because the situation is so unpredictable, it ought to be good for a laugh.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Here's a tip from the Eagles LBs: You're good to start DeMarco Murray in all fantasy formats this week.

Diomedes

Monterio Hardesty @ SF (#1 vs. RBs so far this year)
or
Marshawn Lynch vs. CIN (#7 vs. RBs so far this year)

Hillis is out, so Hardesty should get the ball a lot.  Lynch farged me last week, pulling up lame at 12:59:59 p.m. and being scratched from the game on back spasms.  Whatever the farg that means.  Son of a bitch.

Anyway, what say you sages?

hbionic

Hardesty. Who else is getting the ball in that offense?

Seattle is as predictable as the weekly lottery numbers. That being said, Lynch has the higher capacity of doing unpredictable shtein week to week and may blow up for 30 pts out of nowhere because Seattle had some major god intervention.

Hardesty is probably the more conservative bet, knowing that you probably won't get many points, Marshawn lynch is that firebet, but most likely won't pan out.

That's my underinformed take.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

thanks man.

anyone else care to help a brother out?

Sgt PSN

Hardesty will probably be carrying the ball all 4 qtrs because I think that will be a close game.

Lynch might get carries for the first half but I think Seattle abandons the run as they fall behind.

Hardesty.

hbionic

Quote from: Diomedes on October 30, 2011, 10:45:20 AM
Monterio Hardesty @ SF (#1 vs. RBs so far this year)
or
Marshawn Lynch vs. CIN (#7 vs. RBs so far this year)

Hillis is out, so Hardesty should get the ball a lot.  Lynch farged me last week, pulling up lame at 12:59:59 p.m. and being scratched from the game on back spasms.  Whatever the farg that means.  Son of a bitch.

Anyway, what say you sages?

Uh...never listen to us again?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Eh, the logic was sound.  Can't predict injuries though.  Besides, it's not like Lynch set the world on fire.