Rate My team..

Started by hbionic, August 27, 2009, 02:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Diomedes

How anyone could not like Ricky, I'll never understand.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

i agree, seems like a good dude to hang with.

hbionic

Ok...2010 money league PPR.  1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB 1 W/R 1 TE 1 D 1 K

1. Ray Rice
2. CJ Spillers
3. Deangelo Williams
4. Tony Romo
5. Vernon Davis
6. Donald Driver
7. Josh Cribbs
8. Percy Harvin
9. Santonio Holmes
10. Ladanian Tomlinson
11. Alex Smith
12. Cincinnatti
13. Neil Rackers
14. Sydney Rice

Sucky? I farged up and passed up on Greg Jennings and picked Vernon Davis. I should shoot myself in the pee-er.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Vernon Davis will have more td's than Jennings and will probably be within 300-400 yds receiving.  Total points wise, they'll probably be relatively close at the end of the year, which is good production coming from the TE.  Not to mention that you already have Donald Driver.  Why take 2 receivers from the same team?  So you're good there. 

Where you farged up was drafting Tony Romo in the 4th round.  I can't imagine that he was the best available QB that early on unless you've got like 14 people in your league. 

Holmes probably could have been a waiver pick up since he's out the first 4 games.  And Sanchez hasn't looked that great during preseason so it'll be interesting to see what kind of production Holmes has when he does come back.  Sidney Rice is on the PUP list and is out a minimum of 6 weeks and would have definitely sat on the waiver wire.  Percey Harvin has headaches.  Josh Cribbs had 20 catches and 1 td last year and you took him in the 7th round of a PPR league.  Think about that.  So there's 3, maybe even 4 players that would have been passed by everyone that you used draft picks on.  You got great value with Rackers in the 13th round and he has a chance to put up a lot of points with Houston's offense. 

The autodraft did a better job for Phreak in the Keeper League than you just did. 

hbionic

You are probably right...but Romo was the best QB, points wise, at that point.

My receiver selection is zesty.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SunMo

i had my 8 team keeper draft on Tuesday, we keep 3 players and my keeps were Brees, AP, and Turner.

it's a 20 position roster with individual ST and defesnse. also there is no TE position, they are just played as wideouts

my team looks like this

qb - Brees, Kolb
rb - AP, Turner, Shady, Portis, Slaton, Cadillac, and Justin Forsett
wr - Brandon Marshall, Ochocinco, Dallas Clark, Harvin, Breaston, Steve Smith (car), and Vincent Jackson
k - Brionas, Viniateri
d - Packers, Patriots
st - Eagles, Lions
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Legit.  What are you allowed to start each week?  Also, did you have to give up a 1st round pick to get Steve Slaton? 

SunMo

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 09, 2010, 11:21:17 AM
Legit.  What are you allowed to start each week?  Also, did you have to give up a 1st round pick to get Steve Slaton? 

slaton was a 17th round pick i believe

we start:  1qb, 3rb, 3wr/te, 1k, 1d, 1st

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

8 team leagues are pretty ghey.  Every team should look stacked.  I think your receivers kind of suck for an eight-teamer.

And separate D and ST?  Ultra-ghey.

Sgt PSN

I like the idea of splitting the D and ST....just adds a slightly new twist to everything.  Of course, it's no surprise that your crusty, white, rich, old  ass fears change. 

That was mean.  I'm sorry.  I could just delete it before posting.....but I won't.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 10, 2010, 09:12:12 AM
I like the idea of splitting the D and ST....just adds a slightly new twist to everything.  Of course, it's no surprise that your crusty, white, rich, old  ass fears change. 

That was mean.  I'm sorry.  I could just delete it before posting.....but I won't.

Your ass = crustier, older, and whiter

And I may have more money than you but am certainly not rich by any stretch of the imagination.

Sgt PSN

I'm probably the poorest person on this board.  U gif me cash? 

Diomedes

That would be interesting to know.

My wife is a nurse so we aren't the poorest of anyone I think.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

How would poorness be rated? Lowest net or gross?