Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I did this afternoon.  I went to a new Mexican joint in town called Tijuana Flats.  It's a chain restaurant but the food was surprisingly good, hot, fresh and they gave me a ton.

I had the chicken chimichanga with black beans and rice.  I also got an order of chips and salsa thinking that the portion would be tiny.  Jesus... it's like they dumped out a whole bag of Tostitos on a plate!  It also came with about a pint (no exaggeration) of salsa.  The chimichanga was about the size of a small hoagie and was packed with chicken, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and sour cream.  They had free refills on the drink as well.

Total came to just over ten bucks.  They also served beer and wine although I'm sure other restaurants will have full liquor bars.

Excellent deal, although it was way too much for lunch.  I had them box up the rice & beans as well as the chips and salsa.

I understand that franchises are moving into the northeast.  You might wanna check it out.

Susquehanna Birder

There's a local-area chain (something like 3 or 4 locations) here that's pretty good. The chips and salsa are complimentary, and they are fresh...and very good.

MURP

QuoteAnyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

sadly, I missed the free pancakes at IHOP. 

ice grillin you

not really a meal but i went to hooters the other weekend...and they have sangria...and its really friggin good...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 08, 2006, 02:46:46 PM
not really a meal but i went to hooters the other weekend...and they have sangria...and its really friggin good...

have you ever gone to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries?  i went to one near a jobsite down in Germantown, MD.  that's good stuff.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

no i havent but they are all the rage around here...popping up everywhere...in fact theres one right next to the bar we went to pre flyer game

theres one four minutes from my house but its not open yet

theres also three of them in philly

i heard it was banging

SunMo

yeah, a little expensive, but pretty good.  a big thick burger with all the toppings you want, the fries are good too.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phillymic2000

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 08, 2006, 02:50:44 PM
no i havent but they are all the rage around here...popping up everywhere...in fact theres one right next to the bar we went to pre flyer game

theres one four minutes from my house but its not open yet

theres also three of them in philly

i heard it was banging

With that name and that description I'll pass.

PoopyfaceMcGee

We always get a great meal at Maggiano's, an excellent chain restaurant.  Also, Bonefish Grill is fantastic.

phattymatty

five guys is good.  real burgers that taste like you made it on the grill yourself.  and a normal burger actually comes with two burgers on a bun.  it's huge.

Rome

The little one and I ate at Bonefish Grill for dinner last night.

I had the encrusted pork tenderloin with scalloped potatoes, mixed veggies and a cup of their blue crab and corn chowder.  F'n awesome restaurant.  The waitress who waited on us was an Eagles fan from Delran!

Love that place.

Maggiano's in Philly isn't bad.  I went there after the Giants game last year and we had a good time.  Decent food, kinda pricey but not bad.

ice grillin you

chadds ford
clifton hgts
audobon

=

philly five guys

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: phattymatty on March 08, 2006, 03:06:33 PM
five guys is good.  real burgers that taste like you made it on the grill yourself.  and a normal burger actually comes with two burgers on a bun.  it's huge.

No shtein. They are real popular down here in NoVA, think they got their start around here. There is one right around the corner from where I work, absolutely horrible for you to eat, but farging awesome nonetheless.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 08, 2006, 02:46:46 PM

I pictured you as more of a Thunderbird man...

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM
I did this afternoon.  I went to a new Mexican joint in town called Tijuana Flats. 

Did you see the Donkey show?

Quote from: FFatPatt on March 08, 2006, 02:59:45 PM
We always get a great meal at Maggiano's, an excellent chain restaurant.

Good call.

Gearo's on Welsh Rd. in Northeast Philly is always a good meal. I highly recommend the crab cakes with Lobster sauce.