Home Improvements

Started by Wingspan, October 29, 2007, 02:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

well, picked up our new front window yesterday. gonna be fun putting this in. 8x4 window. now the only question is can I get it done this upcoming weekend.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Tomahawk

Not without breaking it for sure

smeags

its like you read my mind ...  :paranoid

Rome

Do you have to re-frame the wall or something because that's a 20-minute job otherwise. 

smeags

Quote from: Rome on November 13, 2017, 12:52:01 PM
Do you have to re-frame the wall or something because that's a 20-minute job otherwise.

i will have to do some framing (assuming theres no rotted wood) as this is smaller than the garbage bow window that's in there now.

im pretty sure if all is good it will take longer to get/smash the old window out then to install the new one.

Rome

Part of my first house was block and the other part was frame. The block part was cake. I did 12 windows in two hours with a buddy of mine.  I had five to do in the frame portion and that took me at least as long. 

You start pulling shtein out of wood that's been there for 50 years and you're just asking for trouble.

Good luck, dude.

smeags

yeah im hoping not to find anything rotted. no noticeable signs of it but like you said once you start pulling things apart.

the one saving grace is I have a 23inch over hang so for the most part, the window doesn't really get water on it unless there's strong winds.

SD

My dishes and bowls were given to me by my mom when I moved into my house. They're old...probably late 80's. I was at the dollar store and they had these really nice plates. I bought a couple. Night before the parade a bunch of us go out to dinner, and the restaurant is using the same dishes. So I bought more.

Throw them all in the dishwasher. Notice when I empty the dishwasher - which is only two years old - all the stickers from the dishes and bowls are floating near the rotating arm at the bottom of the dishwasher. I remove the arm and the stickers and think nothing of it (that was Sunday). Today I wake up and my kitchen is filled with water. Open the dishwasher and it's filled. So I try pulling the dishwasher out so I can unhook and clear the hose which I'm sure is clogged from the stickers, only it's bolted to my cabinets by a bracket. I try prying the front piece off but the farger won't budge. So my buddy who installed it all is coming over later to remove it.

Lesson learned: Take stickers off shtein before putting it in your dishwasher.

General_Failure

Also, clean the trap in your dish washer once a month.

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

i'm almost 40 and have never once cleaned my dishwasher.

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on February 15, 2018, 09:22:05 AM
Also, clean the trap in your dish washer once a month.

I'm far too lazy

General_Failure

But not too lazy to try to rip the dishwasher out from under the counter?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

We use it twice a year (thanksgiving and Xmas).

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on February 15, 2018, 09:48:56 AM
But not too lazy to try to rip the dishwasher out from under the counter?

I have no other choice

Munson

We want/need to get the yard on one side of the house regraded, but googling contractors in the area is mostly a bust. Is HomeAdvisor a good way to find good people to do the work? Never used it before.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds