Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Bird Brain came and (probably) went before you were born/before you were old enough to remember.  I think the last time I saw him was early 90's...maybe 92.   

Bird Man is some dude in a green body suit with a plastic beak who makes obnoxious screeching noises. 

SD

Congressman John Runyan will be in my office on Monday.

Sgt PSN

QB Eagles

SD

QuoteAll,

Spuds here .. we have been in conversations to move the boards back to what they were before. We have a few hurdles left to leap, but I feel that we are moving in that direction. You have made your feelings of these boards loud and clear, and we all appreciate that. We listen to you, as you know. So, please remain patient for another couple of days.

My goal is to restore the boards the way they were, and that means reverting back to the boards AS THEY WERE prior to our moving to the NFL platform. That is the goal. Obviously, we are trying to alleviate any instances where we have slowness on the site as well, so that is a goal as well. I appreciate your patience through all of this and I apologize for putting you through it. Thanks. Dave

DH

if a team beat writer emailing fans about the status of its mb isnt proof that this farging lockout is horseshtein and needs to be fixed, than i dont know what the farg is

Sgt PSN

After reading that email, I'd say Dave has a lot of sucky goals. 

BTW, I think "beat writer" is giving Spuds way too much credit. 

Zanshin

Eagles message board. Haha...I've forgotten the site even had a message board. I don't think I've posted over there since it had that black background. It was getting ridiculous then-- I can only image the idiots over there now. You know, probably like the idiots here, only worse and more of them.

Sgt PSN

The last time I did any snooping around over there was probably around 04 or 05 and there were like 400 people online and I think they were over 25k registered users.  It's like ES, but green. 

SD

Prior to the shutdown they had around 150,000 registered users and that place was a zoo. But the board was easy to navigate and use, people were familiar with each other, and it was a great place to get information since there were so many people. I'm glad they're changing back because I would have hated Mod'ing on the new format. It's a disgrace.

Sgt PSN

SD

Not on the new board, no, I haven't received my account info because they're having so many problems. I've been a Mod on the EMB since 2008 or so.

Munson

Can you ban The_Eagles_Win every time he acts like a douche bag? It would be after every post, but still...good times.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

what exactly do you get for being an emb mod

tickets? free tour of the novacare with spadaro? a handjob from spadaro?

i cant imagine anything makes the job worth it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: Munson on April 07, 2011, 10:10:55 PM
Can you ban The_Eagles_Win every time he acts like a douche bag? It would be after every post, but still...good times.

He'd be at the top of my ban list but as long as he plays by the rules he's able to stay

Quote from: MDS on April 07, 2011, 11:41:07 PM
what exactly do you get for being an emb mod

tickets? free tour of the novacare with spadaro? a handjob from spadaro?

i cant imagine anything makes the job worth it

The biggest benefit is Mod day at training camp. We get field passes and lunch is on the Eagles. That includes beer. He usually joins us. We're allowed to bring a guest too although there are only a few of us who actually make it every year. To me it's the one day of the year that I don't miss. He's offered us tours of the Novacare complex but I've never taken advantage of it.