Fletcher Cox, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, April 26, 2012, 09:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Bunk also dazzled with monster numbers on his bench press, and being cut completely looked the part. To end up a good pick Cox needs to be able to get to the QB. Otherwise he's just another Bunkley or Patterson.

BigEd76

SD

Guy on left looks a little like MJG

PhillyGirl

Should have drafted that guy on the end.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Mad-Lad

Bunkley was a bad idea from the start.

BigEd76

Washburn: "I told Howie, 'I've coached Fletcher Cox my whole life.  I've been in his house hundreds of times.  All my life, what I've done'...somebody said what have you done with your life. I've coached southern black kids, that's what I've done."
Spadaro: "Ji..uh...Ji..um..................."

Great interview on PE.com.  Wash is excited about the pick

Rome

QB Eagles

PoopyfaceMcGee

Washburn loves the big black boys so much that he's allowed to be racist.

Rome

Washburn recognizes sterling black Cox when he sees it.

PhillyPhanInDC

Not sure if it was posted, but Cosell loved the kid heading into the draft:

"He's incredibly athletic. He's got terrific body flexibility. He's got great quickness off the ball. He's quick and light on his feet. There are times he does not look like a 298-pound man. I think he has natural strength. He showed the ability to go from speed to power as a pass rusher. The thing that really stood out to me as well was how he was used at Mississippi State. There were times they lined him up at defensive end, and if you didn't know who he was and just watched him rush the quarterback from D-End, you would have said this guy can play D-End in the NFL and rush the quarterback. So, I think Fletcher Cox, to me, is the best defensive tackle prospect in this draft, and I'm not sure it's even close."
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyGirl

"He's an exploder, and he's tough. If they can't explode, I don't want 'em. If they don't love football, I ain't got no use for 'em. He explodes and he can play and he likes it and he's passionate," Washburn said Thursday night, when asked about Fletcher Cox, the 6-4, 296-pound defensive tackle from Mississippi State the Eagles traded up from 15th to 12th in the first round to draft. "When God made him, he meant him to play in this system right here."
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

I love the feeling I get when Cox explodes.

SD

When Cox explode that much things can get messy

Zanshin

There's no way that whole Cox thing will ever get old, right? All of these Cox jokes are getting harder, but seem to have some staying power.