2018 Off Season Thread (First One As Super Bowl Champions)

Started by ice grillin you, February 28, 2018, 02:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Concur. Someone comes sniffing around with a decent 1st, that's a conversation starter. Only way I'd even consider a 2nd is if on that day a talent unexpectedly drops and is sitting at that spot that I had to have. Otherwise he's insurance on any Wentz injury setbacks. No need to rush him back for the sake of it.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

Taking him at his word, he's fine with staying. I'm sure he'd also be fine with going to a team he approves of and getting a whole bunch of money.

ice grillin you

obviously i would try and bleed someone but if its just a 2nd i do it...chances of repeating are very small much smaller than wentz taking them back there within the next several years and id rather have a second rounder to contribute to another title in the near future (or maybe even this year if somehow they got back) than having foles for just this season...and thats if foles even plays this year...theres a realistic chance wentz starts the season
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

draft picks are overrated.

You try to draft a guy so that you can have someone who can hopefully 'prove' themselves to be worthy.

Not sure Foles hasn't 'proven' himself yet. He only beat Tommy Boy in his own game.

Hold out for two 1sts, handjobs for life, and donuts.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

Don Ho

By draft week they should know how Wentz's progress is coming along.  I am still very concerned with his injury.  I'm sure he'll bounce back but having it happen in December was brutal.  I still think Foles starts the first month, minimum.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

hbionic

Have him start the first half of the season. There's no rush to bring him back.

I'd sacrifice this next season for a healthier following season. No need for his knee to go RGIII on us.

Or, let's just play the Pats 16 times so we can be undefeated.  :evil

QB Eagles

Official cap number is $177.2 million. Eagles have to clear $10.4-$11.2 mill (depending on source) of 2018 salary by March 14.

Diomedes

I'd imagine Howie is working overtime to re-structure some deals.  They can shave $5M alone by not taking Smith's option year, right? 

Shouldn't be too hard to get under the cap, question is what happens after.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Smith/Celek cut gets them close to the cap. Curry is either traded (long shot), restructured, or is cut...that's an additional $5 million.

MDS

id bet celek comes back but obviously for a cheaper number.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on March 06, 2018, 10:16:37 AM
id bet celek comes back but obviously for a cheaper number.

Celek back at $1 million is a no-brainer, anything beyond that good luck finding a better deal. They still need a back up TE, sucks losing Burton but luckily there's halfway decent back up TEs who are about to hit the market.

BGN put this together, it's a list of FA's and their relationship to the organization whether it be coach, front office, previous player etc. Definitely some names worth creating some cap space for

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/3/2/17044786/nfl-free-agency-2018-42-players-connections-philadelphia-eagles-rumors-agents-jeremy-maclin-bradham

Diomedes

Quote from: AO1 on March 06, 2018, 10:06:20 AM
Smith/Celek cut gets them close to the cap. Curry is either traded (long shot), restructured, or is cut...that's an additional $5 million.

I read something along the lines of, a trade won't help them get to the cap because the deadline for being under the cap is also the opening of the trade window, so even if you have a trade lined up, first you gotta be below the cap.

I'd love to see the Eagles get something for Curry but they farged themselves with his contract.  Everyone knows they Eagles aren't going to keep him, and no one wants that contract, so it seems that the only way he gets traded is if:  a.) it's known that multiple teams are seriously interested in him and b.) one of them is so interested that they're willing to jump the line by offering the Eagles something before he's cut, and finally c.) said team would have to be somewhere that Curry wants to play and is willing to re-negotiate his contract with upon arrival.    Does that seem about right?

Whoever gets him is gonna be happy.  He's no super star, but he's damn good all around.