FIRE HOWIE ROSEMAN!

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 10, 2010, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

Really, how could he not? Exiled when Kelley came onboard, he came back with a vengeance. Had something to prove and he proved it in spades.

Rome

Re-upped thru 2022.  Dougie too.

Don Ho

Let's do this!

or has that been replaced by "Let's go!"
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

I can't believe they still haven't fired this guy.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Don Ho

Listening to that press conference made me ill.

QuoteBut for better or worse, we are quarterback developers. We want to be a quarterback factory and we have the right people in place to do that and no team in the National Football League has benefited more from developing quarterbacks than the Philadelphia Eagles. This is who we are.

So Philly is where quarterbacks come to develop and go on to bigger and better things. McNabb was amazing after he "developed". Kevin Kolb, spectacular.  Foles - record setting!   

Howie, just get the farg out of here.   
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Can we just move the entire 2020 draft into this thread?  I don't know if I can take day 3. 

SD

So right now we have Shawn Andrews Jr at the second most important position on offense and a rugby player with no nfl experience as his back up

Two injury prone starting receivers in their 30's. A 2nd round bust, and a guy who were banking on being good because his qb at tcu was bad

Miles Sanders who's prone to injury and no solid backup. Like Scott but he's a change of pace 5 touches a game max type player

Wentz/Sudfield/Hurts...a qb factory

On D:
DE's are an aging Graham, an injury prone slightly above average Barnett, Sweat who made some plays last season and still hasn't hit his ceiling and some guy we traded for who couldn't stay on the roster for the Browns

DT no complaints

LB Not the most important position but can you name me a worse starting group in the league?

DB Slay...and the #2 cb is who exactly? Jones who's injury prone and hasn't lived up to expecatarions, Douglas who they've been trying to trade for two seasons but nobody wants him, Maddox who's probably better at safety. At safety McLeod who's above average, Mills lol...and nothing else.

Safe to say this has disaster written all over it. I love the Cowboys draft, Lamb, Riggs should have went in round 1, Gallimore was a steal in the 3rd. Their interior d line now has Gerald McCoy and Poe. They're not in their prime but they're still good players. Safe to say they're the favorites in the East. With all the injuries last season I didn't see a scenario where the birds could take a step backwards but here we are.

Get rid of this bum. Thanks for 2017 now go.

General_Failure

Banner wasn't supposed to get fired, either. Lurie's slow, and might actually die before he gets around to firing Howie.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

howie is the second worst draft picker in the nfl..

https://www.nfl.com/news/general-manager-power-rankings-nfl-draft-edition

Howie Roseman

Best pick: Dallas Goedert | Round 2 (No. 49), 2018
Worst pick: J.J. Arcega-Whiteside | Round 2 (No. 57), 2019

Roseman's first pick back in charge after the Chip Kelly era was Carson Wentz. Signing Wentz to a massive second contract has proven far more costly (the Eagles have a $33.8 million dead-money hit in 2021, per Over The Cap) than moving up to select him second overall, as Wentz contributed significantly to a Super Bowl title and two other playoff teams. The picks Philadelphia traded away for Wentz, however, left the team with a smaller margin for error that Roseman didn't sufficiently compensate for with quality selections. The next-best picks since 2016 include Dallas Goedert, Miles Sanders, Avonte Maddox and Derek Barnett. Roseman deserves credit for an Eagles roster that was loaded from 2017 to '19, but it wasn't because of recent drafts
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

The Wentz business is stupid for a lot of reasons, but mostly because Wentz was huge in 2017 and there's no way they won the Super Bowl without him.  Turns out he was a bitch but even the contract Roseman signed him to turned out to be fairly easy to get out of in the end.

Howie's been horrible for a million different reasons but I'll give him credit for getting Wentz and winning a Lombardi.

QB Eagles

Thought that recent Athletic story indicated that JJAW was a Jeff Lurie special.

SD

The real surprise is there's someone worse

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger