Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

lol

ok gotcha - I will send it this weeeknd

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on March 29, 2018, 11:33:25 PM
his reasoning made sense if it was the 7th or 8th inning and you werent bringing in holby farging milner....the numbers dont lie (nola's ops going up each time he went through the order, his career stats vs. freddie) but its a 5-0 game with your best pitcher dealing. i havent the slightest clue whyd youd even be looking at matchup data.

again, over managing and thinking way way too much about shtein. the data really helps in october when its the 5th inning and 4-3...but its april. if he keeps doing this he's going to get booed back to the tanning salon.

Seems like he's going to do everything by the data.  Come hell or high water.

Rome

Narcissistic new age pretty boy body builder bitches with 1 year's worth of managerial experience in the low minors.  That's who the Phillies select with literally dozens of more qualified candidates available.

And I'm not a Herrera fanboy but not starting him was a bush league move. 

This is a disaster waiting to happen.

Save your money, Jay.   

smeags

this is going to be an enjoyable thread to follow this year.

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 30, 2018, 10:10:13 AM

baseball is basically just a game of percentages but there is still a pretty large human element to it and if he doesnt see it, he'll be gone quicker than chip

shteins not that hard. dont take out your best pitcher when hes dealing. dont sit your best hitter for a quad a player, then hit that quad a player 3rd. not challenging stuff.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on March 30, 2018, 10:43:25 AM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 30, 2018, 10:10:13 AM

baseball is basically just a game of percentages but there is still a pretty large human element to it and if he doesnt see it, he'll be gone quicker than chip

shteins not that hard. dont take out your best pitcher when hes dealing. dont sit your best hitter for a quad a player, then hit that quad a player 3rd. not challenging stuff.

Fully agreed.  Kapler just seems to have that "smartest man in the room" mentality.  And at least Chip has some track record when he was hired, as well as some degree of success in his first two seasons (10-6 each).

Granted, this is one game into the season, but it was an colossal trainwreck of a debut.

smeags

161-1.

there, I said it.

Rome

I have a crisp new dollar bill that says that won't happen. 

QB Eagles

There's no analytics that says to pull a dealing ace after 60-something pitches to put in Hoby Milner and Adam Morgan. The problem isn't Bill James so much as a nut-tanning bodybuilder thinking he's Bill James.

smeags

Quote from: Rome on March 30, 2018, 11:19:56 AM
I have a crisp new dollar bill that says that won't happen.

ON bitch !

Rome

The most telling thing about this jerkoff is what he said after the game about not being sure he'd do anything different. 

Really?  Oh so your little red book on how to manage by numbers doesn't tell you when to admit when you were wrong?

Chip Kelly with Abs of Steel. 

MDS

also his dumbass positive outlook on the world will lead him to believe that everyone is awesome and capable and cause him to trust holby milner like chip kelly trusted josh huff

if he makes incorrect decisions based off data its one thing, if he cant see the talent differences between nola and milner/morgan/ramos then i dont know even know where to begin.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

Don Ho

Give me Gabe Kaplan!  Hell, give me Horshack.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.