Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

That sucks, but don't make things worse by throwing money away on Lifelock.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on April 29, 2012, 12:11:44 PM
That sucks, but don't make things worse by throwing money away on Lifelock.

I saw those articles but I figure it's worth it for $10 a month. They'll alert me to anything suspicious. What other choice do I have?

PhillyPhreak54

Contact the three credit bureaus tomorrow and have a fraud alert placed on each of your profiles. By doing this you're covering yourself should anyone get a hold of your social and try to open anything up.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 29, 2012, 04:06:41 PM
Contact the three credit bureaus tomorrow and have a fraud alert placed on each of your profiles. By doing this you're covering yourself should anyone get a hold of your social and try to open anything up.

That's what I'm doing first thing in the morning. My friend said Credit Karma is a good place to sign up because they give you free alerts.

PhillyPhreak54

I've never used them, so I cannot speak for them. I use myfico.com. They monitor Equifax and alert on that and you can also buy TU's report off the site too. Experien doesn't report to anyone, you can only get your report info through their site.

To do the fraud alerts you have to contact the agencies directly

Seabiscuit36

Don't waste money on lifelock as others have said.  Contact the bureau's directly, they'll explain that you need to file a police report, and then they'll be able to help.  As a side note, chances are the people who took the computer aren't bright enough to know what data is in it.  The bad thing is that you live in little moscow.  All in all, place the permanent alert, and you'll be fine for new accounts. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

I had a strange noise coming out of a computer.  I took it to the local computer guys.   They are gonna fix it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

It was definitely not a fan that needed dusting.

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

Quote from: Diomedes on April 30, 2012, 05:21:44 PM
I had a strange noise coming out of a computer.  I took it to the local computer guys.   They are gonna download all the naked pictures and movies of my wife and I, make fun of my huge cock, and then fix it.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: General_Failure on April 30, 2012, 05:49:03 PM
It was definitely not a fan that needed dusting.

That's going to run about $3.50.

SD

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 30, 2012, 04:35:41 PM
Don't waste money on lifelock as others have said.  Contact the bureau's directly, they'll explain that you need to file a police report, and then they'll be able to help.  As a side note, chances are the people who took the computer aren't bright enough to know what data is in it.  The bad thing is that you live in little moscow.  All in all, place the permanent alert, and you'll be fine for new accounts.

The officer who took my report today said as much, she said not too worry too much because it's NE Philly and the people who were taking it were probably just taking it for parts. I'm still covering my ass by freezing my credit and changing everything up.

On a side note, I was always taught to only call 911 for emergencies. I called my local police department today to file a report and they had me call 911. I have a problem with this because 911 should be set aside for emergencies and not for routine calls.

rjs246

I really wish I lived in SD's hood. Quality environs, those.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Quote from: rjs246 on April 30, 2012, 06:47:03 PM
I really wish I lived in SD's hood. Quality environs, those.

Lucky for you my old place is now available. PM me and I'll send you the address.

Diomedes

Can you show it to him at four o'clock tomorrow afternoon?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

THIS might be the best purchase I've made in a long time. If you have issues with your wireless network signal in some areas in and around your home, buy it (or just fish a cable through a shteinload of walls).