Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Seems pricey.  I bought a terabyte drive a year and a half ago for something like 130, iirc.  Maybe I'm mistaken though.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Might wanna wait for the holiday deals. I think either Target or BEst Buy is gonna be running a 3 Terabyte harddrive for 100 bucks or something like that
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

they're all mostly the same.  Check out Newegg.com Fantom Drives have worked great for me in the past.  In general, the reviews on Newegg are very informative.  The price you got for best buy isnt horrible, but check to see what newegg compares to, and if its a decent one or not. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

Amazon lists a 1tb hard drive for the same price, and a 2tb drive for $114.

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

Holy smokes.

I have not purchased it yet...but I need one. Thanks everyone, did not have a clue how much storage was out there for so cheap. I'll check out the info you guys gave me.

I love you.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

http://bfads.net/

You'll find all the black friday ads there if you're willing to go out into the madness to find something cheap.

I am considering pulling an overnight nutjob camper thing at Best Buy to get that 40 inch TV for 199.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

I'm working as a coordinator for Toys For Tots this year which means that I've gotten to meet and work with the store managers in my area who allow us to have a Marine stand in their store with donation boxes.  I'm going to be working black friday, so for once in my life I'll actually be awake and at a store when they open so I'm thinking of trying to talk one of these guys into letting me in before the doors open so I can "set up" our donation bins for the day.  And if I happen to get done before the doors open and can get a head start on the suckers outside, so be it. 

hbionic

Target is selling an X-box for $139.

WTF? Sounds great. I don't have one or play it much, but I would almost have to buy one out of principle.

General_Failure

Quote from: hbionic on November 14, 2011, 05:34:54 PM
Target is selling an X-box for $139.

WTF? Sounds great. I don't have one or play it much, but I would almost have to buy one out of principle.

Know that you're only getting a year or two out of any console you buy right now.

Munson

I really don't wanna have to buy the "next generation"

I'm happy with my XBox 360

hbionic

GF, I thought the next generation consoles were not coming out for another 5 years?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hbionic on November 14, 2011, 06:42:28 PM
GF, I thought the next generation consoles were not coming out for another 5 years?

They weren't....3 years ago. 

hbionic

You must be using that fancy calculator watch of yours.

General_Failure

Quote from: hbionic on November 14, 2011, 06:42:28 PM

The Wii U is coming out next year. Assume the other two will follow within a year of that.