Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Those are pretty pricey, aren't they? I've never looked into them.

Susquehanna Birder

Yeah, it's another world from what you're looking at. In my case, I needed something to do heavy photo editing, and this was exactly what I wanted. It's definitely overkill for web surfing and general farging around.

PhillyPhreak54

Perhaps when I replace my desktop in a few months I will look into a Macbook. I'd like to re-do my whole home-office setup.

But this Toshiba will be to replace my netbook that work is taking back.

Munson

I'd check out some HP's, Phreak.

I bought mine a year or so ago and haven't had any problems with the computer itself. Just the battery charging wire they sent with it, that thing crapped out after like 9 months and I had to buy a new wire.

The bottom gets unbelievably hot, but nothing a cooling pad doesn't take care of. The fan on my cooling pad does work.

Mine was one of the new models at the time and cost $700, but I remember there being some other new models with less memory and/or other shtein in the 500 dollar range that your toshiba link is.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Munson

I also had an asian computer geek friend of mine load it up with 3 different anti-virus jauns and something to improve efficiency...no complaints from me.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

So I ended up buying the Toshiba C655 Satellite. Not the one I linked but a similar one;

15" screen + 500GB RAM + 2.53ghtz processor

Its pretty sweet.

I downloaded Firefox and I noticed that I have trouble seeing pictures linked in threads.

Why would that happen?

Like the pic DH linked of the "Girl in 4E" in the Random thread - to see it I had to hit quote.

Why?

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 03, 2011, 10:39:58 PM
So I ended up buying the Toshiba C655 Satellite. Not the one I linked but a similar one;

15" screen + 500GB RAM + 2.53ghtz processor

Its pretty sweet.

I downloaded Firefox and I noticed that I have trouble seeing pictures linked in threads.

Why would that happen?

Like the pic DH linked of the "Girl in 4E" in the Random thread - to see it I had to hit quote.

Why?

Did you try refreshing the page?  Also, try google chrome.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep, refreshed and even reset the system.

Its weird...

I tried Chrome and I can't get used to it. I really dig FireFox and I havent had any issues with it on my old laptop (Acer), my desk top (Dell) or my work IBM ThinkPad.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 03, 2011, 11:32:56 PM
Yep, refreshed and even reset the system.

Its weird...

Hmm. Could have been a problem with the site that the img was taken from. Every now and then it happens to me.....I see an image then come back later and clang see it. Usually a shot of F5 does the trick though.

ice grillin you

my desktop icons are on steroids....anyone know how i can make them smaller again
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger