Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125

Susquehanna Birder

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

is there a reputable place on line that sells decent priced laptop batteries

mine needs a new one even tho last time i got one was like a year ago or maybe less...it was real cheap but now im thinking there is a reason why
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

they only had the 12 cell verson for 109

i ended up getting it at amazon for 32 bucks and free shipping for the 6 cell

i dont know if im doing something wrong but my last two or three batteries have died quick even tho i dont ever use my computer off ac mode

any thoughts or tips

PoopyfaceMcGee

mpmcgraw

Pretty much. 

The average laptop life span is like 3 years anyway.  At some point it makes more sense to get a new one instead of replacing shtein. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 29, 2010, 08:31:29 PM
Use it off AC mode more.

you mean its good to actually use the battery sometimes rather than always plugged in

and if so how often should i do it and how low can/should i run  when i do

PhillyPhanInDC

The batteries develop a memory.They say they don't, but they do. It's not as bad as it used to be, but they still will. You've gotta let them run up to a full charge, and run them until they are almost dead once in awhile. I do it when I am sitting at home watching a game or something. Just unplug it, leave the cable there, use it like normal, and when it's low, plug it back in.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on April 29, 2010, 08:58:09 PM
You've gotta let them run up to a full charge

when you say let it run to a full charge you mean when i first get it

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on April 29, 2010, 08:58:09 PM
and run them until they are almost dead once in awhile. Just unplug it, leave the cable there, use it like normal, and when it's low, plug it back in.

and how often should this be done?

PhillyGirl

is it my computer or does philly.com come up as a potential attack site for anyone else?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons