Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

60 minutes had a special last night on these computer hackers

US software companies seek these guys on a daily basis. It was interesting to see that the hackers advertise on the net just like regular businesses do--trying to recruit and offering virus software programs in return.

the majority of them are from Russia and they are very young in age--around the 15-16 years old

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

reese125

does anyone else recognize how much Mozilla keeps crashing and has to shut down--where you then have to start a new session?

on my god-damn nerves

BigEd76

yup....or I close out of it cleanly but it stays running in Task Manager

reese125

f'ed up thing about is they have already had 2 browser updates since the crashing started--but have not fixed a continuous crash?

theres something strange there

Sgt PSN

"I don't think there will be a cataclysmic network event," said Richard Wang, manager of the U.S. research division of security firm Sophos PLC.

Best name ever

Tomahawk

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on March 30, 2009, 02:09:27 PM
yup....or I close out of it cleanly but it stays running in Task Manager

I've noticed that a lot too.

I haven't had any crashes, but maybe my slow ass browsing speed is really Firefox's fault.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

2 questions:

1. My girlfriend clicks on everything without giving it a second thought, so I think my PC has a virus. It's been running slow as shtein and sometimes it doesn't work at all. I'm running Kaspersky anti virus which I got for free but it sucks. Is it worth taking it to Best Buy to have the Geek Squad clean it? Cost is $99.99. I'd do it myself but have no clue where to start.

2. The CD Rom isn't working. You put a disc in and nothing happens. I deleted a bunch of programs I wasn't using and might have deleted it, not sure. The computer is running Windows XP, is there a CD Rom program that I can upload?

Seabiscuit36

spybot is great, just go to download.com to get it. 

1. Do an update of the software data, then do a Safe Microsoft Start with networking.  Run the scan.

Then get rid of the girlfriend, she's tarded. 

2. for the CD Rom, see what type of cd rom it is, then do a search for drivers for that cd rom.  install. and you should be good to go
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

PoopyfaceMcGee

reese125

why switch to AVG?

majority of Anti-Virus programs crush your pc's memory and slows your computer down...is AVG heavy on memory and what advantages does it have over say a Norton 360?