Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

cmon SD... Algorithms and Programming Languages  Lab 5...if you cant breeze through that with an "A" theres something wrong with you

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: reese125 on January 09, 2009, 09:41:49 PM
cmon SD... Algorithms and Programming Languages  Lab 5...if you cant breeze through that with an "A" theres something wrong with you

You missed the reason I'm concerned

reese125

Obviously you know Im fully joking as I would break down in tears if i had that class

cant believe they have a rate my professor website...christ..where has the time gone

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on January 09, 2009, 08:34:45 PM
it would be hilariously ironic if that was the brick that caves FF's skull in the next time he's there drinking.

I don't think that fits the definition of irony, but you're out of luck.  My skull is made of adamantium.

Susquehanna Birder

Looks like a piece of cake. And a prof that doesn't take crap from students.

BTW...I'm amused at remarks like:

He is the worse teacher you can have. His assignment are very unclear...

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 10, 2009, 10:22:35 AM
Quote from: SunMo on January 09, 2009, 08:34:45 PM
it would be hilariously ironic if that was the brick that caves FF's skull in the next time he's there drinking.

I don't think that fits the definition of irony

but it would be the textbook definition of hilarious
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Diomedes

so now that I've got all this music from vigy in .wma format, I want a program that will convert them to .mp3 files so I can play them back with something other than a Microsoft product

any suggestions?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

am i doing something wrong when i upload them?

Diomedes

no, the uploading is working just fine

the problem is that when you rip the files from CD--I presume that's how you're getting most of them?--you are using Windows Media and have not changed the settings so that they are imported as the universal file format .mp3.  They are being created in the default, Microsoft proprietary format .wma

I can still  play them, but I have to use the windows medai player.  There are other programs that can also play these files, but there are many that cannot.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

what do i have to do in the future so that they are mp3's....and how do i do it

Diomedes

in Windows Media

Tools>Options> select the Rip Music tab, under "Rip Settings" change the drop down menu from "Windows Media Audio" to "mp3".

While you're there, slide audio quality all the way up to highest.

ice grillin you

will that default it or do i have to do this everytime i rip songs

Diomedes

That changes the default so from now on when you rip CDs, you'll be creating mp3 files.

Of course, it won't convert all the music you've already ripped. 

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on January 11, 2009, 08:47:45 AM
so now that I've got all this music from vigy in .wma format, I want a program that will convert them to .mp3 files so I can play them back with something other than a Microsoft product

any suggestions?

If only there were some website on the internet that let you search for things. But to even find that website, you would need some sort of hell-spawned searching engine.

The man. The myth. The legend.