Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

If they're important documents, I'd recommend getting two and keeping a backup, especially if you think your desktop is about to go.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 30, 2008, 01:03:54 PM
If they're important documents, I'd recommend getting two and keeping a backup, especially if you think your desktop is about to go.

i dont have any reason to think the drive in the desktop is gonna blow up....the computer itself is old as crap but works fine...mostly i just wanna go with a laptop to save space and not have the eye sore that an old ass desktop with monitor and all the cords all over he place are

that being the case is there anything wrong with just keeping the hard drive in my desktop as the back up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 30, 2008, 01:07:27 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 30, 2008, 01:03:54 PM

i dont have any reason to think the drive in the desktop is gonna blow up....the computer itself is old as crap but works fine...mostly i just wanna go with a laptop to save space and not have the eye sore that an old ass desktop with monitor and all the cords all over he place are

that being the case is there anything wrong with just keeping the hard drive in my desktop as the back up

Not if you're confident in the computer not dying.

Phanatic

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 30, 2008, 11:17:24 AM
thanks

i probably shouldnt have said rca jacks as my desktop didnt even have that...do laptops have any sort of audio jack on them outside of the headphone jack

or could you run a cable out of the headphone jack to a rca splitter then into your stereo receiver?

yeah i mos def dont wanna lose my music...is there a way to copy the music files off my desktop hd to my new external hd and still keep them on the desktop hd...in other words can you copy them from rather than take them off the desktop hd

Yes they make head phone jack to RCA y cables. I use them all the time to run music through a PA. Works like a champ. I also bought a really nice set of PC speakers with a sub woofer that hooks right into the headphone jack of the computer. The sound is top notch.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Diomedes

I have some files in .rar format that I want to extract, but I don't have a program to do it.

Can anyone suggest where to get such an app?  For free goes without saying?

Also, any tips re: .rar files would be much appreciated.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Diomedes on January 08, 2009, 10:34:57 AM
I have some files in .rar format that I want to extract, but I don't have a program to do it.

Can anyone suggest where to get such an app?  For free goes without saying?

Also, any tips re: .rar files would be much appreciated.
.rar is basically the nerdy version of Winzip.  Just watch out for virus's if your downloading suspicious software. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

thanks both of you

I suppose I'll download the free version from Big Brother's link.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Diomedes

PoopyfaceMcGee

Didn't reese return to the board right around the same time Sarge disappeared?

reese125

Ill answer that...even though youre off: who cares

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Susquehanna Birder