Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

these could be seen as negatives:

they take up space that would otherwise be available if the unit was in your pc
they consume a usb port (unless you're going to be plugging it in only when using it, and then taking it out when you're not)
they require a seperate source of electricity, meaning you lose a slot on your surge protector/wall outlet to the burner, rather than having the power come from your computer if it were intsalled
more wires
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

got it...thanks....but none of those are an issue for me....i literally only use my computer to surf the internet and download music...i dont think ive ever even used a usb plug before
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

Unless you're using the burner to make CDs to play in a stereo or something, you'd be better off with an external hard drive if you're looking for a storage option.  And even if you do need to burn CDs, you might want to get a DVD/CD combo drive to cover your bases.  They're still pretty cheap.

ice grillin you

Unless you're using the burner to make CDs to play in a stereo or something,

what does this mean...the burner i ordered wont make cd's that play on a boombox or a home stereo system...just in cars?

And even if you do need to burn CDs, you might want to get a DVD/CD combo drive to cover your bases.

dont all dvd burners also burn cd's?

mussa

any burner you buy, the cd's will work on anything these days. when they were relatively new, years ago, some CD's wouldn't play on older stereos and car cd players. thats it.

any dvd/cd combo writing drive (dvd-r and cd-r) should burn cd's as well.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

mussa

QuoteCompatible formats: Record to all major formats (DVD±R/±RW, DVD-RAM, CD-R/RW).

yes it burns cd's.

it scored a 3 out of 5 on reviews. maybe research it more and look at other reviews of this before buying it.

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

I've been running IE 7 for a couple months now and want to set it up so that whenever I click on a weblink it will open in a new tab instead of opening a new window.  Is this possible? 

phattymatty

Diomedes

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 04, 2008, 12:44:47 PM
I've been running IE 7 for a couple months now and want to set it up so that whenever I click on a weblink it will open in a new tab instead of opening a new window.  Is this possible? 

Hold CTRL when you click.  Or SHIFT.  I forget which.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Just don't hit DELETE.  Your computer will explode, as seen in "Live Free or Die Hard".

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on January 04, 2008, 12:55:47 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 04, 2008, 12:44:47 PM

Hold CTRL when you click.  Or SHIFT.  I forget which.

CTRL.  Thanks. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 04, 2008, 12:57:55 PM
Just don't hit DELETE.  Your computer will explode, as seen in "Live Free or Die Hard".

I tried it anyway and nothing hap

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 04, 2008, 01:16:50 PMI tried it anyway and nothing hap

lame, but I laughed.

you've got a good head start on old man schlock humor, I'll give you that

and I'll take the Willys