Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerevant

I wasn't sure where else to put this, but it is damn funny - Mac vs. PC rap
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

PhillyPhanInDC

Anyone familiar with Knoppix or other "Live" versions of Linux? Have a question about creating my own distro....
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

my cd burner on my computer blew up...is this a good replacement?...im looking at an external one since im computer retarded and dont know how to install an internal one

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=184109&WT.mc_n=4&WT.mc_t=U&cm_ven=COMPARISON%20SHOPPING&cm_cat=GOOGLE&cm_pla=DATAFEED->PRODUCTS&cm_ite=1%20PRODUCT&cm_keycode=4
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

It's easy as shtein to install one, i just had to buy and install a new one, it took me 10 minutes, and will save you 40 bucks, but for the money if you want eaze, thats a good one. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

your easy and my easy are two totally different things...basically im an idiot when it comes to stuff like that and you most likely are not

anyway does the external one just plug in somewhere on the back of the cpu and then have its own power cord that goes into a outlet

Diomedes

yeah..the page you link to says as much:

Also in the box
HP dvd1040e 20x Super Multi DVD Writer

• Software CD
• Quick-Start placemat
• USB 2.0 cable
• Power supply

• Getting help guide
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i dont know what a usb 2.0 cable is...so that will go from the back of my new drive to the back of the cpu?

Diomedes

yeah..or the front if your pc has usb ports in front.  you have a desktop/tower pc, not a laptop, right?  if it's a laptop, then you probably have usb ports on two or three sides of the machine
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i have both but this thing will be hooked up to my regular computer

Diomedes

well then yeah, you'll probably connect to the back of your regular computer.  usb port is the rectangular/slot shaped one...

ice grillin you

oh ok...i know that connection just didnt know it as a usb cable...i believe i have them on the front and back of my computer (if thats possible)

Diomedes

most pcs sold these days have them in both front and back

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 11, 2007, 08:38:47 PM
oh ok...i know that connection just didnt know it as a usb cable...i believe i have them on the front and back of my computer (if thats possible)
most computers made in the past 7 years have them both frontside and backside.  Your learning
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

Computer cables are made pretty much dummy proof, inside and out. Don't be afraid to take the cover off and swap out the burner.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

too late...but what are the negatives to an external drive?...arent they better because you can move them onto different computers...plus theres no installation involved (or deinstallation when it dies)