Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

I'm not quite understanding exactly what you want to do.  Can you post a screenshot?

Tomahawk

I want the rows with duplicate numbers gone but not any other row

http://imgur.com/68Wa6rf

Sgt PSN

Ok, so you just want to clear the individual cells with duplicates or the entire row? 

Like, with the duplicate 76355, you just want the 2nd number to go away and display as a blank cell?  Or do you want that entire row gone? 

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

both my usb ports on my notebook computer simultaneously died

some googling tells me the motherboard is dying?

but everything else on the thing works fine

explanations?

Sgt PSN

Possibly the USB driver.  There are ways to troubleshoot it, but I know you're not the most tech savvy person out there and this is something that I know I wouldn't be able to adequately explain and you'd probably end up making things worse.  Maybe a supernerd like GF could talk you through the process. 

If it's a relatively new laptop (say less than 2 or 3 years old) then you might want to consider taking it to a computer repair.  Preferably a real computer repair shop, not Geek Squad at Best Buy....unless you purchased it at BB and got Geek Squad protection with it. 

If it's older than a few years, I'd just scrap it and get a new one.  Do yourself a solid and get a Macbook.  You'll pay more upfront but it'll last you a decade. 

ice grillin you

its not new and it was cheap as shtein...i just went ahead and ordered a new laptop....doesnt seem worth the trouble and i can still use this one for everything that doesnt require usb ports

i just posted to maybe see if there was some quick mindless fix for it that i didnt know about

Sgt PSN

Good thing is (I assume) you're still keeping all of your music on an external.  It'd be kind of challenging to move all that content to a new computer since your USB drives are dead. 

Sgt PSN

Also, I just recently upgraded my Office suite to Office 365.  shtein is pretty dope.  Got a friend who works for Microsoft and he hooked me up with a friends and family pass that got me a 1yr subscription for $20, but it's not overly expensive to begin with....1yr sub costs a hundy. 

But the best part of it is that I can share it with up to 5 people and it's not OS specific, so I have it on my Mac desktop, squaw has it on her Windows laptop and I'm going to put it on my mom and daughters' laptops as well.  Each person gets their own account that comes with 1tb of free OneDrive cloud storage.  I think it also allows for use of their mobile apps on 5 devices too....though I doubt any of us would ever use them.

Can't install it on a Chromebook, but their web suite looks to be identical to the desktop suite, which makes it far superior to google docs. 

Even at full price, it's not a bad deal.  Way better than paying $300 every time they come out with a new version.   

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 21, 2017, 04:20:31 PM
Good thing is (I assume) you're still keeping all of your music on an external.  It'd be kind of challenging to move all that content to a new computer since your USB drives are dead.

I do have that but I also have all my music on one of those micro disks

only thing on my hard drive was programs...I'm dumb but I ain't stupid when it comes to my music

Tomahawk

Diomedes

I'm on Chrome OS Version 60.0.3112.80 (Official Build) (64-bit)

My vertical scroll bar has recently gone into hiding.  I have to fish around for it to appear so I can scroll.  I don't like that.  How do I make it display permanently again?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk