Computer Geeks Unite! And farging help me!

Started by Sgt PSN, November 03, 2006, 08:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 24, 2016, 03:20:18 PM
First things first..When the farg did you get a cellphone, gramps?

Yeah no shtein

Congrats Havas!

ice grillin you

ive had it for about a year and a half but I don't use it for anything cept to play beats
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 24, 2016, 06:14:29 PM
I don't think iPhones show up as an external drive when you plug them in.

They do on PC's.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on February 24, 2016, 08:00:32 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 24, 2016, 06:14:29 PM
I don't think iPhones show up as an external drive when you plug them in.

They do on PC's.

not on mine it doesnt

Rome

If you click on the "Computer" or "My Computer" icon on your desktop, it will either show as an iPhone or external drive.  Either way you should be able to dump whatever music a phone can hold onto even the most basic computer because the hard drive is almost always larger. 

ice grillin you

if it acted as an external hard drive I could....I have 4 billion songs on my actual external drive and nothing happens when I plug it in

but when I plug my iPhone into my computer I can only put a certain amount of songs into iTunes before it says my operating system is full im assuming that's what OS is

my laptop is a tablet or whatever they are called...it says its got 20gb of space and currently 944 mb is left

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 24, 2016, 08:21:27 PM
if it acted as an external hard drive I could....I have 4 billion songs on my actual external drive and nothing happens when I plug it in

but when I plug my iPhone into my computer I can only put a certain amount of songs into iTunes before it says my operating system is full im assuming that's what OS is

my laptop is a tablet or whatever they are called...it says its got 20gb of space and currently 944 mb is left

Yeah, you need to figure out what's sucking up all that space and delete it.

Start with deleting all the naked pics you have of Buddy Ryan and David Simon. Work your way up from there.

Sgt PSN

It should provide you some sort of breakdown of hiw much space various types of files are taking up.

The largest would be your operating system.
Then video and music files.
Then pictures.
Documents and such would take up the least amount of space.

Look at that and see if you can figure out what is clogging you up.

Sgt PSN

What is the make/model of your laptablet?  And what OS is it running?  I feel like we should establish what kind of device you have and what it's running before doing anything else.

ice grillin you

no video or music is taking up anything....ive never downloaded any video and all my music is either on my slim disk thing or my external drive

but just in case I see the pie chart thing breaking down total space vs available space but how to I find out the breakdown you are talking about

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 24, 2016, 08:31:48 PM
What is the make/model of your laptablet?  And what OS is it running?  I feel like we should establish what kind of device you have and what it's running before doing anything else.

asus X205T

I think the OS is windows nt?

Sgt PSN

I don't think they've called it Windows NT since like 2000.  If you right click on "my computer" and go to Properties it should tell you what version of Windows you're running.

Sgt PSN

And it just dawned on me that you said you've got 20gb of storage. How old is this laptop exactly?  Did you pick it up at DRMO?

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 24, 2016, 08:49:20 PM
And it just dawned on me that you said you've got 20gb of storage. How old is this laptop exactly?  Did you pick it up at DRMO?

its less than a year old...its not real laptop...its a notebook or whatever they call them

it cost like a 175 bucks...the irony of it is that I literally do nothing on the computer but music shtein and surf the net...so I went cheap...and honestly btwn this the slim disk and my external I have more than anough space for my music...but the computer I got for music wont let me put music on the thing that plays my music when im not near the laptop