2018 Flyers: They'll Still Suck

Started by Geowhizzer, July 01, 2018, 12:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

If Hakstol isn't fired after this I'm not sure what will get him canned.   Literally the worst 20 minutes I've ever seen from these clowns. 

Geowhizzer

Fortunately decided to watch the Sixers.  Much more compelling nowadays.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on November 21, 2018, 08:20:31 PM
If Hakstol isn't fired after this I'm not sure what will get him canned.   Literally the worst 20 minutes I've ever seen from these clowns.

not sure it's in their top five worst 20 minute stretches of this season much less haks tenure
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Geowhizzer

MDS

i dont know anything about hockey or the inner workings of the flyers but i was hanging tonight with a dude who works up high at wfc and he said the flyers ownership brass is now starting to pay attention to whats going on

so there you go. im the hockey woj now.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Konecky with the Gordie Howe hat trick today.

ice grillin you

im a stats guy but the gordie howe hat trick could be one of the dumbest things in all of sports....gordie howe played almost 2000 games and had like 20 fights....rick tocchet had 23 fights in 1985

Rome

Geowhizzer

SD

Geowhizzer

I would think so.  I guess it gives whoever is the new GM to name his own guy off the bat.

I guess I thought I'd see Hextall given the chance to name a new coach before he was shown the door. 

ice grillin you

hakstal has not been good and i am a hextall supporter overall but the two biggest problems with the team this year goaltending and penalty killing are on hextall....he didnt address them at all in the offseason

Rome

They figured they had Carter Hart a maximum of a year away, so they just plugged and prayed there.  No excuse for the PK, though. 

ice grillin you

cater hart was 19 this summer and goalies take notoriously long to become fully developed nhl players if they ever do

hart is not an excuse for goal tending in at least the next two offseasons but definitely not this past off season