Nelson Agholor, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 30, 2015, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

yea he mentioned it a bunch of times

fits the profile

culture - chip recruited him out of high school

those are the 2 most important things
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Philadelphia Eagles: Nelson Agholor, WR, USC: B- Grade

Meh. Chip Kelly is familiar with Nelson Agholor, but perhaps he should begin scouting outside of the Pac-12. Agholor makes sense from a needs perspective, but this is a bit of a reach; I had him slotted in the second round. Agholor doesn't have the athleticism you want in a pick this high.  Agholor, however, is versatile and should help on offense next season.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 30, 2015, 11:11:51 PM
I still can't believe he drafted a PAC 12 guy though

:-D I love you Eagaholic
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

AshishPatel81

It's a solid pick. I don't think he has the upside Perriman or Dorsett had. Less total bust potential than Perriman was, but I always prefer to go with the higher ceiling.

Receiving corps lacking speed still, however.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hunt

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 30, 2015, 11:16:47 PM
im just glad hes really intelligent and has impeccable character cause that wins tons of football games

let's give him a chance.  maybe he'll tweet some pics of himself throwing up gang signs... or something else to make him more likable.  :-D
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

hes actually very likeable...but that may ultimately be his problem

id rather have a picture of an all pro set trippin than a picture of an angel painting a swingset on eagles community day

hunt

oh, i know.
but he can be an all pro & a "good guy".  it happens.

ice grillin you

it cant happen with agolohar he doesnt have the talent....but yes its possible

the problem is chip places being a sweetheart/hard worker far above talent...not a question in my mind that agoholar interviewed really well and thats why chip took him

he also puts too much emphasis on body type...someone like phillip dorsett wasnt on his board....which is just stupid

SD

Watched as much tape as I could find on Agholor. I don't see the Maclin comparisons at all but definitely see the Matthews comparisons. He plays faster than Matthews but doesn't have or use his size the same. Like Matthews he doesn't get much separation but he makes quick cuts...it's obviously more important in Chips scheme than straight line burner speed. Overall I like the pick I just hate the limited ceiling.

Don't know what price they'd have to pay but Parker at 14 would have been incredible

Rome

I wanted Perriman but I'm not aghast at this pick like I was the Smith one last year.

He's a good fit for the system and he's going to be a solid pro.  Not sure what there is to complain about here, but this being :CF I suppose there's always something to find fault with.

hunt

safe pick at a position of need...nothing to complain about here.

this team isn't in the position to take boom/bust guys in the first round.

smeags

Quote from: Rome on May 01, 2015, 07:51:18 AM
I wanted Perriman but I'm not aghast at this pick like I was the Smith one last year.

He's a good fit for the system and he's going to be a solid pro.  Not sure what there is to complain about here, but this being :CF I suppose there's always something to find fault with.

That's because the greatest minds are here and always get overlooked by the so-called gms and coaches in the nfl.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Zanshin

Yeah. It's a slightly boring, but completely understandable pick. I'm glad it's not some sort of rage-inducing smartest guy in the room pick.

hunt

Quote from: smeags on May 01, 2015, 09:26:28 AM
Quote from: Rome on May 01, 2015, 07:51:18 AM

That's because the greatest minds are here and always get overlooked by the so-called gms and coaches in the nfl.
i won both of my fantasy leagues last year.  just sayin'.   :deion