Started by Diomedes, August 18, 2012, 07:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i was pleasantly surprised to get mjd in the third round of our draft yesterday
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

I just got him in my other money, keeper league. Auction draft though, overspent for him as of right now. $47.

Here's how the rest of it shaped up. K's for the keepers

QB-Tony Romo $14 (K)
RB-Adrian Peterson $28
RB-Maurice Jones-Drew $47
WR-Larry Fitzgerald $34
WR-Percy Harvin $8 (K)
WR-Antonio Brown $2 (K)
TE-Rob Gronkowski ($2) (K)
W/R/T-Jeremy Maclin ($23)

K-Gostkowski ($2)
D/ST-Houston ($2)

Bench-Ben Roethlisburger ($2)
Bench-Mark Ingram ($5)
Bench-Rashad Jennings ($8)
Bench-Jacob Tamme ($6)
Bench-Nate Washington ($2)
Bench-Alshon Jeffery (#4)
Bench-Taiwan Jones ($1)

A few of the bench spots will most likely be changing players.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

I'm looking at my bench RBs and the FA pool.

My question:  Roy Helu or Kevin Smith?

The former is--and I'm not boasting here--on my team.  The latter is available.  I'm thinking I'd do well to drop Helu and add Smith.  God only knows what that fool in Washington is going to do with his RBs.  Smith is guaranteed to be the guy for at least the first two weeks while LeShoure serves his suspension.  Helu is just coming back from achilles injury, and Smith is injury prone as well, so I consider the injury risk a wash.  Anyone agree?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Your instinct is also the way I'd go.

Helu certainly has the ability to have some nice weeks, but Shanahan is consistently infuriating and has two other backs to use. SOMEONE will have to get run in Detroit, and Smith is the guy who can stay on the field.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

Quote from: SunMo on August 21, 2012, 04:38:02 PM
the reason i like them is that they drop further than I think they should.  i need to read up on bradshaw's competition for carries on the giants but with jacobs gone he should have more carries, especially on the goalline.

Rookie David Wilson is the only competition, but he's only there to give Bradshaw a rest really. Bradshaw is good, but he's at least as, if not more, brittle than Vick.

Munson

Had my $250 draft that I'm co-managing with a buddy last night before the game. It went much better than expected, ended up getting a lot of our guys a round later than we thought we'd have to.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Tomahawk

PoopyfaceMcGee

Munson

Quote from: Tomahawk on September 06, 2012, 08:10:22 AM
co-managing teams is teh ghey
I've never done it before but me and him were generally on the same page with who we wanted and out of all of my friends id definitely trust him the most to help win me some money. I know you deeply care about our roster so ill post it when I get home.

SunMo

i have one last draft tonight for my keeper league.  yes, it's after the first game but it's a long story and involves a lot of panty bunching by men in their 40s.

anyway, i have 2nd pick in a non-snaking draft and my keepers are Vick, AJ Green, and jimmy graham.

my running backs were so bad last year that i couldn't justify keeping one instead of graham.

running backs that are available in the first will be:  mathews, forte, bradshaw, fred jack, steven jack, murray, trich.

i'm thinking trich if he's available because of the upside but it's also the browns so how good can he be.  i guess i should take best available with mathews even though he'll be limited for a few weeks. 

non ppr, touchdown focused scoring, so that drops forte down for me.  i'm thinking mathews, murray, or trich.

thoughts?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

You're in rebuilding mode. So I would take Murray or Richardson. With a TD heavy league I'd probably go Richardson since Cleveland won't be able to pass the ball until at least five years from now when the next QB they draft has a season or two under his belt.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

another guy is dropping murray because he has CJ.  im thinking of offering to swap picks in the 3rd round for murray, keeping him and dropping Vick and getting a different qb.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Tomahawk

rjs246

Quote from: SunMo on September 06, 2012, 12:36:51 PM
another guy is dropping murray because he has CJ.  im thinking of offering to swap picks in the 3rd round for murray, keeping him and dropping Vick and getting a different qb.

That is definitely not the worst plan I've ever heard. There's a very real possibility that you'll want to drop Vick in the middle of the season this year.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.