High School Football

Started by shorebird, August 19, 2005, 03:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

I know some of you have kids and relatives playing. My sons JV team started thieir two a days this week on Monday. Been raining up on the Shore and they were in full pads today. Those kids love playing when it's halfway sloppy. It's beautiful. No ESPN, reporters, or nuthin. Just football.

It's almost like I can live my youth all over agian through my boy. It's a wonderful thing, High School Football. Friday night football. No Joe Thiesman, Sean Salisbury, or some other crap spewing talking head. Just kids playing 'cause they wanna' knock some friggen' heads, and coaches coaching 'cause they wanna' coach and teach, and yes, they consider themselves somewhat of a roll model 'cause a DWI or drug bust will send them packing real quick. They'll dissapear.

No mouthy cocky ass players who make millions and then bitch 'cause some other player is making more. No media that builds up players to think that they can do no wrong, and then tears them down like rabid wolves when the do.  Just kids who know they'd better keep their grades up if they want to keep playing. Kids that, if they have a good coach, learn about resonsibility, accountability, and teamwork.

I can't help but love it. :) :) :) :)

BigEd76

Truman has a new head coach.  They may finally be competitive and win 2 games...  :P

JTrotter Fan

Texas High School Football...come get some!!
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 19, 2005, 03:52:44 PM
Truman has a new head coach.  They may finally be competitive and win 2 games...  :P

...if their "star" players can avoid shooting or stabbing anyone for 3-4 months, sure.

shorebird

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 19, 2005, 04:14:05 PM
Truman has a new head coach. They may finally be competitive and win 2 games... :P

...if their "star" players can avoid shooting or stabbing anyone for 3-4 months, sure.

Uhg, doesn't sound like a very nice school. Were is it?

Steel Reserve

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 19, 2005, 04:14:05 PM

Are you thinking of the right school?

I will be starting at RT for my Catholic League Contender, Monsignor Bonner