Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

my inability to be a responsible adult has no bearing on your insane neurosis   
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

you saying you brought pretzels when you didn't is ten times worse than whatever issues I have with my sports teams
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i didnt say that...i said WILL bring as next time. though im not even sure if my place is open on monday afternoons so it might be the next 100 game but anyway this dumb and im stopping hoskins is going to be fine

i can only imagine what rome is thinking when he reads this crap
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

as I told you at tailgate I could give a farg if you brought pretzels or not but you did just say next time "instead of pretzels" like you ever brought pretzels

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Discuss

QuoteOne potential candidate is Orioles manager Buck Showalter because he has worked with Phillies president Andy MacPhail and Klentak in the past. Of course, Showalter is under contract with Baltimore, so something would have to change to make him available.
Externally, former Tigers manager Brad Ausmus, Astros bench coach Alex Cora, former Cubs catcher David Ross, former Braves second baseman and Penn alumnus Mark DeRosa, former Phillies outfielder Raul Ibanez, Mariners third-base coach Manny Acta, former Twins manager Ron Gardenhire, White Sox bench coach Joe McEwing and Giants third-base coach Phil Nevin are just a few possibilities. Internally, the Phillies could take a look at Triple-A Lehigh Valley manager Dusty Wathan, Phillies special assistant to the general manager Jorge Velandia and third-base coach Juan Samuel.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Dusty Wathan is such an overwhelming favorite, I honestly don't know why the writers are even bothering with their speculation. 

Lol at Buck Showwalter and every other farging fossil out there.  Klentak is 37 and he just fired a senior citizen who thinks analytics are some sort of French sex toys.   

He's going young and progressive.  Whether that's Wathan or someone else along those lines is immaterial.

Geowhizzer

36-37 since the all-star break.  Interesting.

MDS

buck should be thrown out of baseball forever for not bringing britton into that playoff game last year. he cannot be trusted even though his track record of winning is unquestioned.

its either going to be wathan or a hispanic assistant coach like alex cora

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 29, 2017, 10:33:51 PM
instead of bringing pretzels to the next tailgate im going to bring you a therapist

Lmaooo

ice grillin you

lol :romey/jbatsignal

QuoteMacPhail expects Phillies will have relatively low payroll in '18 with investments in ballpark, fan experience & analytics/scouting staff.

MDS

by my count they really only have room for 2 starters and 1-2 bullpen pieces free agent wise. maybe a bench bat. by virtue of having 7 position players, 3 starters and 4/5 bullpen pieces too young for long term deals they legit have no opportunity to have a big payroll.

that will not stop angelo, romey and others from digging back into their 1997 playbook though.

Rome

19 is the year.  Next year is another block in the foundation.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 03, 2017, 01:17:07 PM
lol :romey/jbatsignal

QuoteMacPhail expects Phillies will have relatively low payroll in '18 with investments in ballpark, fan experience & analytics/scouting staff.

Of course.

ice grillin you

According to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports, three teams were the most aggressive pursuers of Stanton during the leadup to the 2017 trade deadline: San Francisco Giants, St. Louis Cardinals and the Phillies.

That connects with dots that have been placing the Phillies on the forefront of Stanton rumors for months--with several MLB insiders adding fuel to the fire.

Heyman went on to rank the possible landing spots, with the Phillies coming in No. 2 behind the Cardinals.

They have the position players to make a deal, with depth in the middle of the infield and prospects at many positions, though they are quite a bit thinner in the pitching department. The Phillies seem loaded with spending loot thanks to a rich TV deal, and seem primed to go for it. However, they were an also-ran this year, may be at least a year away and can ill-afford to give up any pitching.