Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I tried to explain to a buddy of mine the definition of tanking and he couldn't grasp it baseball-wise.

How do you tank with nine guys?

Ummm.... like this.

QB Eagles

Trust the process. In 12 years, no one will be able to touch the Phillies all-Moniak team.

Geowhizzer

Reminiscent of the heady days of Ricky Jordan and Juan Bell...

MDS

Quote from: Rome on August 19, 2017, 07:33:39 PM
I tried to explain to a buddy of mine the definition of tanking and he couldn't grasp it baseball-wise.

How do you tank with nine guys?

Ummm.... like this.

the white sox are outright tanking...theyve been selling off their players except for abreu. the phillies are just bad. in fact they spent money on saunders, kendrick, buccholz, hellickson, neshak and benoit in an effort to inflate their payroll specifically from an optics standpoint. if ownership didnt give that directive they would have even fewer wins.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Well, yeah... hence the  :o

QB Eagles

I really thought they were going to lose.

ice grillin you

MDS

losses
phila - 77
cws - 74

its ON
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

got to see kilome in person last night...had some control issues but still scattered 3 hits over 8....man is he a specimen...so young still but looks like a man amongst boys...such an at ease motion where the ball just explodes out of his hand

good stuff

MDS

vv out for the year...shocking

interesting signing of henderson alvarez. he had a very good season in 2014, which was the last time he was healthy. hitting 98 recently. why not.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah not a bad signing at all...doesn't hurt to take a flyer. Interesting he's up to 98 bc I don't recall him having that velocity before

PhillyPhreak54

What an AB by Blanco

14 pitches and then a homer

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 22, 2017, 08:39:19 PM
Yeah not a bad signing at all...doesn't hurt to take a flyer. Interesting he's up to 98 bc I don't recall him having that velocity before

generally sat 95 but has got up to 98

http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfxo.aspx?playerid=5669&position=P&pitch=SI&data=pi