Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

They didn't win in 2009 because of Herrera. 

#fact

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Geowhizzer

That was some terrible play by the catcher.  You have the ball, block the damn plate.

Good to see Crawford start to climb from that awful slump. 

MDS

obp over 340 now...thats his season obp which includes 2 beyond atrocious months

my hope for next year is him at ss and freddy as a super sub.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Neshek to Colorado for three prospects

Great trade. Who'd we get?

PhillyPhreak54

SS Jose Gomez and RHPs Alejandro Requena and J.D. Hammer coming to Phillies.

From Zolecki

Ok scout mds...get to work

SD

QuotePhillies have traded RHP Pat Neshek & cash to Colorado for SS Jose Gomez & RHPs Alejandro Requena & J.D. Hammer.

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

the guys they got back for neshak:

gomez - 20 years old. low a. middle infielder. 324/374/437. 4 hr. 18 sb (11 cs). 57 k. 18 bb. #21 prospect
hammer - 23 years old. high a. reliever. 12 ip. 18 k. 1.58 whip. last year: 30 ip. 47 k. 0.73 whip.
requena - 20 years old. low a. starter. 117 ip. 97 k. 25 bb. 2.85 era. 1.09 whip.

Geowhizzer

Hammer looks like he could be starting in my 8th grade class in two weeks.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 26, 2017, 10:47:40 PM
Neshek to Colorado for three prospects

Great trade. Who'd we get?

been doing a lot of reading on these guys this morning....doesnt sound like much which is what youd expect from a RP rental but this would be my take from a composite of everything ive seen

requena: really good ability to locate his fastball....throws a high arching curve ball for stikes as well...thats about it...sounds like a possible AAA depth arm

hammer: plus fastball average curve....bad control....garbage...at best might be a bad middle reliever on a bad mlb team but him ever making the bigs seems like a really long shot

gomez: really good bat with solid power to all fields...not so much in the field...probably cant play shortstop...has a realistic shot to be a utility player and nice bat to bring off the bench...easily the most promising of the three
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

So pencil in Hammer as next year's All Star rep then?

Cool. 

smeags

so, jp did well last night.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

He was out by 20 feet.  That tag attempt was the most ridiculous fail ever.