Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

having a lot of WINS over a replacement player is good, just like a pitcher having WINS is good

WINS are good

W
I
N
S
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

WAR is meaningless fake math

Rome

Having players who don't suck pus-dripping cock is nice.  Having competent management who selects young talent with the potential to make the club eventually is nice.  Having owners who don't line their pockets with nearly nine figure profit margins is nice.

But you know what is really "super duper hot fudge and cherries on top" nice?

Being a fan of a team with more than two championships in 14 goddamn decades. 

Our curse is being born in a region where the professional sports teams all SUCK YEAR AFTER YEAR.   farg OUR LIVES. 

MDS

im killing time at work and did a prospect deep dive....holy shtein its bad

however in 8 starts:
40 innings, 13 er, 3 bb, 39 k, 0.79 whip

this young man is not even 19 yet. all hail the savior:
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

It's going to be sad to watch them ruin him.

smeags

so when does the season start ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Kingery two homers

On fire

MDS

kendrick going to go on the dl

if they want an extra bat, they have to call up williams (best option on the 40 man)

if they want an extra arm, they have to call up thompson or ramos

regardless, the worst team in baseball will now be playing andres blanco and ty kelly at 2B for the foreseeable future.

PhillyPhreak54

The return on Kendrick is going to be a pair of dirty underwear. Good job, Klentak.

And while we are at it good job dealing Hellickson last year too. He's sure to fetch some low-A bum who is going to be working for UPS in three years.

smeags

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 28, 2017, 04:02:42 PM
The return on Kendrick is going to be a pair of dirty underwear. Good job, Klentak.

And while we are at it good job dealing Hellickson last year too. He's sure to fetch some low-A bum who is going to be working for UPS in three years.

so, no 80 this season ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Two in a row. Streaking!

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 28, 2017, 04:02:42 PM

kendrick was never going to get much of a return. hes been very good this year but cant stay on the field. he was brought in to give the lineup a respectable, proven bat. this has been accomplished when hes in there.

they had a trade last year for helly for a low a marlins pitcher. pulled it back and made a calculated risk he wouldnt take the QO and theyd get a sandwich pick for him. he took the QO. now hes going to return a likely worse low a pitcher. meh.

there are things to get on klentak about, though largely hes still an incomplete because he took over a barren organization that couldnt possibly be competitive in a short period of time. kendrick, hellickson, saunders, etc. are small potato moves.

ice grillin you

the small and medium sized moves dont mean anything to this particular phillies team as far as on the field product...they were going to stink either way but they are important in judging a gm....anyone can throw a ton of money at a free agent and bag them...you cant use these moves to come to a conclusion on klentek yet but you can definitely critique him on them and they shouldnt be ignored simply because of how bad the phillies are

MDS

alright lets look at the "moves" klentak has made

-giles trade: too early to tell but they might not wind up with anything
-helly: good last year, little worse this year. did not sell at highest point but return was so minimal it wasnt wrong to risk getting back a 2017 sandwich pick, likely now to be traded anyway
-charlie morton: injured, now pitching pretty well
-saunders: terrible
-kendrick: effective but mostly injured
-bucholz: injured
-neshak: middle reliever having a great year
-bourjos: waiver pick who sucked
-goedell rule 5: handled awfully but he cant play

what does this tell you. it tells me i have no idea if he can do the job or not.