Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 14, 2017, 10:35:01 PM
Keep the shteinbags in the lineup. No need for any changes.

Here's a look at the future Hall of Famers at Lehigh Valley being held back from joining the big league team thanks to the evil Klentak Konspiracy.

ice grillin you

its hard to overstate how bad the phillies are this year...with less than 65 games played they are not five games worse than the 3rd place team in their division they are five games worse than the worst teams in the majors.....thats really hard to do....you gotta go back to 2010 to see a team who was 5+ behind the second worst team in the majors after this many games and that was an orioles team who stared 2-16

i spend my time now going to see the real teams like lakewood and reading....saw the wood last weekend and saw reading last night and tonight
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

williams, alfaro and cousins have a combined 218 strikeouts and 32 walks, but they should definitely call them up because when you cant make contact against AAA pitching you generally have a ton of success against ML pitching.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah are they going to get better in AAA with pitch selection and if so how long will it take?

Why not let them learn it up here? Or better yet - realize that is what they are and let them come up. If they have the same stats next year you'll still want them wrapped in bubble wrap and protected in the safe minors.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 15, 2017, 01:19:06 PM
If they have the same stats next year you'll still want them wrapped in bubble wrap and protected in the safe minors.

i couldnt care less what happens to any of them if they keep playing like that...theyre never going to have success. get those players out of your mind, they are for the moment worthless.

the only player that belongs is hoskins, klentak has said as much, and its legit annoying they are sticking with a mediocre tommy joseph when someone potentially better is ready.

oh and move kingery up a level.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

MLB hitters when ahead in count:
.295/.474/.520

Maikel Franco when ahead in count:
.133/.293/.160

Whoa

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 15, 2017, 01:49:05 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 14, 2017, 10:35:01 PM
Keep the shteinbags in the lineup. No need for any changes.

Here's a look at the future Hall of Famers at Lehigh Valley being held back from joining the big league team thanks to the evil Klentak Konspiracy.

Those are real?!

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on June 15, 2017, 03:52:21 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 15, 2017, 01:19:06 PM
If they have the same stats next year you'll still want them wrapped in bubble wrap and protected in the safe minors.

i couldnt care less what happens to any of them if they keep playing like that...theyre never going to have success. get those players out of your mind, they are for the moment worthless.

the only player that belongs is hoskins, klentak has said as much, and its legit annoying they are sticking with a mediocre tommy joseph when someone potentially better is ready.

oh and move kingery up a level.

I'd rather bring them up and see if they can play in the bigs

PhillyPhreak54

Pivetta is pitching very well

But let's see if mds thinks he should be in AAA still

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 15, 2017, 06:37:23 PMI'd rather bring them up and see if they can play in the bigs

THEY CANT PLAY IN THE MAJORS IF THEY SUCK IN THE MINORS.  

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 15, 2017, 08:30:09 PM

hes a quad a pitcher who threw a nice game. it happens. vance worley and kyle kendrick had their moments. i was there tonight, lotta hard hit balls found gloves. also lotta white trash but the sox fans were pretty chill.

ice grillin you

you are home and I'm still at a minor league game that started at 630 in what is one of the wildest sporting events I've ever been at

MDS

you at reading game? how is hot is kingery

ice grillin you

three hits and two doubles....I don't even know how many times he was up but it was a lot

reading just won in the 13th after scoring 5 in the 9th they gave up 1 in the 9th to go to extras

I'm not going to get home until 1130 from a 630 AA game....that's word to working at home tomorrow

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on June 15, 2017, 10:44:09 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 15, 2017, 06:37:23 PMI'd rather bring them up and see if they can play in the bigs

THEY CANT PLAY IN THE MAJORS IF THEY SUCK IN THE MINORS.  

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 15, 2017, 08:30:09 PM

hes a quad a pitcher who threw a nice game. it happens. vance worley and kyle kendrick had their moments. i was there tonight, lotta hard hit balls found gloves. also lotta white trash but the sox fans were pretty chill.

Since when are you a scout? And what does it hurt to bring them up and see what they have? I mean since you're convinced they suck no harm no foul right? Worried about taking ABs away from Michael Saunders, Cameron Rupp, Howie Kendrick and Daniel Nava?

Eagaholic

I was going through my closet this afternoon and found a red "2008 Phillies World Champion" tee I got as a gift years ago. I looked up the MLB standings and apparently they aren't doing as well now. So I thought it would be fun to wear it when I went around town this evening. No flack from anyone but I did spill red wine on it. When it dried there was no visible stain at all. Back in the closet without washing it. Win.