Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i understand patience and taking time with minor leaguers...this season is barely 2 months old and kingery was slogging through A ball a year ago.

but the dude has hit his way out of reading 3 weeks ago. hes 23. come on now.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on June 01, 2017, 11:10:42 AM
so you mean produce no talent, throw a bunch of money at some veterans and win around 70/80 games?

yep

ice grillin you

kingery rbi double in the 4th
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

finished 4 for 4 and added a steal

for the rubes out there zolecki with a nice little breakdown of why they arent CALLING UP THE KIDS yet http://m.phillies.mlb.com/news/article/233759522/phillies-inbox-time-to-bring-up-prospects/?topicid=218325368

though with the super 2 deadline passing soon (i think) things could logistically start happening shortly
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i wouldnt bring any of the offensive players up this year before september...theres absolutely no reason to push them as none of them are say in their second year of straight raking at double or triple A...you wanna give them a taste fine but otherwise i wouldnt mess with any of them other than quinn whos already been up and isnt much of a prospect anyway

MDS

i mostly agree, but id say williams should get a look -- so long as he keeps hitting -- in a few months when they move kendrick.

i also wonder if eshelman will get next week's start for vv. cg so today. hes not much of a prospect but do you really need to bring eflin or pivetta back?

Rome

Yeah, the Super 2 thing is really important for a team with a 2 billion dollar television contract about to go into effect.  They're really going to have to watch their pennies in 2024.

ice grillin you

super 2 has nothing to do with bringing or not bringing any of these guys up

MDS

Rome

It has everything to do with it.  The Phillies run their franchise like a small market team.  They actually care about service clocks despite the fact that they're about to have more money than they can possibly spend. 

MDS

Quote from: Rome on June 01, 2017, 08:03:26 PM
The Phillies run their franchise like a small market team.

no they dont...their payroll was over 180 mil in 2014, which was only behind the yankees and dodgers. that was the last time they attempted to put together a competitive team.

gaining an extra year of service time for your players is pretty key. the cubs did it with bryant. you cant possibly long term every player under your control, but moreso having young cheap controllable talent is the biggest commodity in the game.

PhillyPhreak54

Eickhoff doing great again

4-0

PhillyPhreak54

Can they shtein can McClure please?

PhillyPhreak54

They've walked the pitcher three times already

First time since 1936

Nice

PhillyPhreak54

Alec Asher is pitching for Baltimore tonight

Had to keep adam Morgan over here tho right?