Tommy Joseph is a useless piece of shtein

ice grillin you

why does it feel like the braves are up five runs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: MDS on April 22, 2017, 10:09:20 PM
i know the phillies are bad but that doesnt give them an excuse to play tommy joseph
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

What a shtein ass farging at bat from odubel

farg

PhillyPhreak54

FRANCOOOOOOOOO

MOTHERfargIN MAIK MAIKKKKKKK

MDS

really wanted joseph to bat with the game on the line but oh well
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

This isn't just a Phillie thing but the epidemic of pitchers barely making it 5-6 innings because of high pitch counts is crazy.

Eickhoff took 98 to go five
Vinny always has high pitch counts

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 22, 2017, 11:44:07 PM
This isn't just a Phillie thing but the epidemic of pitchers barely making it 5-6 innings because of high pitch counts is crazy.

Eickhoff took 98 to go five
Vinny always has high pitch counts

1. you are talking about two pitchers who are babies as far as the majors go
2. eickhoff is amazingly consistent in going 6-7 for his age
3. pitching has maybe never been better in the majors

PhillyPhreak54

I know they're poor overall examples but that's just receny bias on my part

Not sure how I'd be able to search but I wonder how it compares now vs other decades on pitchers with 90+ pitches in 5 innings.

ice grillin you

i think you have vv bias...he is exactly what you are talking about....not sure why you would include eickhoff in that or pitchers in general

PhillyPhreak54

Because I looked at the box and saw it took him 98 to go five

And more than ever now than back in the day we see SP's go 5-6 innings

MDS

yea i know j when you were growing up robin roberts would pitch every other day and have a complete game every time

PhillyPhreak54

And in your day pitchers get $20m to throw a "quality start" of six innings

MDS

we're the same age my man

the game has changed. there arent a ton of starters good enough to go 7/8 on a consistent basis. in this specific instance eickhoff was getting behind on most counts and the braves, as teams do, were patient and fouling a ton of pitches off. its not 1945 anymore.