is this a good trade ?

Started by smeags, November 04, 2003, 10:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

i just traded deuce mcalliaster & plaxico burress for tiki barber & terrell owens.

i may turn around and trade owens & k. faulk for t.j duckett & marvin harrison.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MURP

id say you got a little bit better deal.  Mainly because Plaxico cant find the endzone this year.  

smeags

Quote from: MURP on November 04, 2003, 10:23:57 AM
id say you got a little bit better deal.  Mainly because Plaxico cant find the endzone this year.  

burress was killing me. i am in a two player keeper league and he was my first pick.

now my roster goes like this.

t. green / t. brady
r. williams / k. faulk
t. barber / k. barlow
c. johnson / r. smith
t. owens / j. morton
t. heap / d. clark
j. kasey
49ers / vikings

MURP

he was your first pick?  how did you end up with Ricky Williams?

smeags

Quote from: MURP on November 04, 2003, 10:38:27 AM
he was your first pick?  how did you end up with Ricky Williams?

as i said i am in a (2) player keeper league, williams and mcallister were my keeps from last year.

MURP

gotcha... looking at your roster i thought you meant you could only have 2 players at each position.   ;)

Zanshin

Eh.  In a keeper-league, I would have held onto McAllister.  Then again, I was all about trading Tiki after I drafted him in one league.  He just fumbles too much and seems due for an injury.  But that's just my line of reasoning.  In the end, it's a pretty even deal.

smeags

Quote from: Zanshin on November 04, 2003, 11:06:16 AM
Eh.  In a keeper-league, I would have held onto McAllister.  Then again, I was all about trading Tiki after I drafted him in one league.  He just fumbles too much and seems due for an injury.  But that's just my line of reasoning.  In the end, it's a pretty even deal.

tiki is right behind mcallister in points even with his fumbles. while burress is no where close to owens.

Zanshin

Quote from: sean_sec227 on November 04, 2003, 11:19:26 AM
Quote from: Zanshin on November 04, 2003, 11:06:16 AM

tiki is right behind mcallister in points even with his fumbles. while burress is no where close to owens.

But Tiki is on the Giants.  Automatically makes him worse.

Zanshin

Seriously, though.  The Giants O-line suck and isn't getting better, and the Saints are starting to look pretty good.  WR's are a lot easier to come by than RBs, and it isn't like Owens is flat out lighting it up.  But, sure, you could make the arguement either way.  You took the trade, so I know you like it.  That's good.  Like I said, I think it's about even...I just don't like the prospects for Barber as much as McAllister.

smeags

the giants are always a better team in the second half of the season, tiki is only 15 points behind mcallister and should close that gap by the end of the year. owens is 40 points better then burress.

we'll see how it turns out.

Zanshin

Quote from: sean_sec227 on November 04, 2003, 11:36:04 AM
the giants are always a better team in the second half of the season, tiki is only 15 points behind mcallister and should close that gap by the end of the year. owens is 40 points better then burress.

Well, I guess that's why you made the trade.  I'm not bashing the deal at all...just offering the requested opinion.

smeags

Quote from: Zanshin on November 04, 2003, 12:20:37 PM
Quote from: sean_sec227 on November 04, 2003, 11:36:04 AM

Well, I guess that's why you made the trade.  I'm not bashing the deal at all...just offering the requested opinion.

i didnt think you were bashing the trade, but i love a good fantasy football debate.  ;D