2016 Head Coach Search

Started by Butchers Bill, December 29, 2015, 07:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Adam Gase getting a lot of love.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Calling it right now...not saying I agree with it...but the next coach will be Jon Gruden

smeags

I need to know more about this, "baggage", that supposedly exist between lurie and mcdermott.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i read a couple of places yesterday that McDermott and lurie have a close relationship...i think people not in the know are making up the beef thing cause of mcdermott being tossed after one season at dc after waiting for so long for a chance

I wouldnt be mad if they hired him...but mcdermott screams coordinator to me.....plus no way could the eagles ever bring someone back like that and it work out...stories like that never end in a good way for them

lol sal pal just tried to report from nova care and couldn't talk cause his voice is so gone...it was farging hilarious....he tried to start three different times nothing would come out and then whispered to the producer "i cant go" and they cut away...ahaha
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Butchers Bill

Read somewhere yesterday that Mike Holmgren has been sniffing around the (assumed to be open) 49er's job.  Didn't Lurie try to get him before Rhodes?
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Butchers Bill on December 30, 2015, 10:26:11 AM
Read somewhere yesterday that Mike Holmgren has been sniffing around the (assumed to be open) 49er's job.  Didn't Lurie try to get him before Rhodes?

or maybe marv levy is available?

Holmgren is done as a coach...and really do you want some almost 70 year old head coach coming into this situation

id maybe take Holmgren in the position tom donohoe is in now...some advisory role where hes deeply involved in the hiring of the next regime and putting the organization back together since chips fingerprints were on so much of it...but even there he flamed out in Cleveland as a team president...granted Cleveland situation was as toxic as it gets but is philly that much better?

PhillyPhreak54

Holmgren's time is passed. I want him nowhere near personnel either.

McDermott has really done well as DC but igy may be right that he just screams coordinator. The Eagles cannot afford to choose the wrong guy here. It would be another three year setback.

Gase is getting a lot of love but I'm always wary of young bucks who rise to the top quick.

Hue Jackson is seasoned and has done very well in Cincy

No shot on Gruden...I can't see him giving up that TV gig and being in the same division as his brother

Butchers Bill

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 30, 2015, 10:46:14 AM
Quote from: Butchers Bill on December 30, 2015, 10:26:11 AM

or maybe marv levy is available?

Holmgren is done as a coach...and really do you want some almost 70 year old head coach coming into this situation

id maybe take Holmgren in the position tom donohoe is in now...some advisory role where hes deeply involved in the hiring of the next regime and putting the organization back together since chips fingerprints were on so much of it...but even there he flamed out in Cleveland as a team president...granted Cleveland situation was as toxic as it gets but is philly that much better?

Buddy Ryan isn't dead yet either...

I was just bringing up something I read yesterday, not beating the drum for a retread.

Keep in mind, there has never been a Head Coach in the history of the NFL to win Superbowl's with two different teams.  Parcells came close, as did Holmgren, Shula, and Vermeil, but no one has ever done it.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

ice grillin you

that wouldn't bother me so much as hes just farging old and hasn't coached for almost ten years

its really hard to win the superbowl and more than that the same teams always win it so over history unless you coach dallas and pittsburgh or san fran and the giants or wash and green bay you are going to have a tough time winning two with two....ironically parcells coached two of those teams but you get the point

SunMo

i don't know why exactly but i'm way out on Hue Jackson.  he was a terrible OC the first time he got a chance and he's done a better job now but i read things about him being stubborn...no thanks.

i also want no part of the names everyone brings up like Gruden, Billick, or Cowher.  I don't know why people even mention Cowher, he's so far into the comfy life that he would be a disaster if he came back to coach.  Once those guys get a taste of that TV life with good hours, low stress they don't have the fire to be good again.

Matt Rhule...do it just to see the city burn
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

Quote from: SunMo on December 30, 2015, 11:11:01 AMOnce those guys get a taste of that TV life with good hours, low stress they don't have the fire to be good again.

This is on point.  The Eagles need a Head Coach who works 100 hour weeks, ignores his suicidal, drug addicted children, and his bored, cheating wife.  Someone who is burning to win, to put his name in the Hall of Fame, not someone with wistful memories of the good old days.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

lurie went with a solid great nfl pedigree/family tree guy in andy reid and won a lot....then went with the genius cowboy college coach of the moment guy in chip

i suspect that influences his decision and we see a hire that mirrors andy...which would eliminate the really young guys like gase as well as all college coaches...

i think mcdaniels fits the bill perfectly...and his family tree connection is to belly/new England who luries worships...i don't know if hes willing to leave but imo hes without question the guy if lurie can get him

PhillyPhreak54

I'm not sold on McDaniels...did he learn from his mistakes in Denver? I mean...he was the original Tebow lover

SunMo

this is what will happen:

Eagles hire McDaniels, he fails miserably again because he's an icehole
Belicheck hires Chip and shows him the ways of the force
Chip gets a HC job in 2017 and wins multiple titles
Philadelphia descends deeper into madness
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

I keep going back to Sean Payton....I think he has to be the guy no?