Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Glad I went to bed and didn't stay up for that clusterfarg.

Don Ho

This Jordon Hicks from the Cards is frieghtening.  21 year old throwing 100+ consistently. 
Not a big kid but damn he has a howitzer for an arm.

From Houston.  J, Todd either one of you remember him in high school?

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

seeing as i was 7 hours south of that shteinhole city, no
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

holy shtein, I didn't realize you were that far from Houston.  I always thought you were in the burbs.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

he was in border wall territory

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Don Ho on May 20, 2018, 08:00:05 PM
This Jordon Hicks from the Cards is frieghtening.  21 year old throwing 100+ consistently. 
Not a big kid but damn he has a howitzer for an arm.

From Houston.  J, Todd either one of you remember him in high school?

I sure don't. But I don't really keep up with the local HS scene here.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on May 16, 2018, 09:36:28 AM
or you can throw me 55 but then again you dont like sports anymore

I will this week. Prob tonight when I get home.

Things have finally calmed down a bit to where I can actually get home and sit down and watch.

MDS

on the edge of my seat
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Why would the Phillies give up the farm (literally) to get Machado now?   I keep reading that drivel and I don't see the need.  If they don't get him in free agency they'll need the talent they have in the system to offset his "loss."  If they do get him in free agency, they'll need the low cost talent they'll have remaining to offset the king's ransom they'll pay him, not to mention the other guys they'll presumably get to join him.

Just roll the farging dice and bet on your ex-Oriole personnel guys to reel him in. 

MDS

even if you trade for him it doesnt mean he stays...and even if you add him you still arent winning a world series. its just a preposterous thing.

IF he signed long term amid the trade, then id do it. but hes going to test the open market, so its moot. with the doyer playing better, perhaps they pull off the rental for him. thats the perfect place for him to go, if he does go, since they have no place for him in 19 and cant even really afford him.

Rome

Obviously there would have to be an agreement in place before they made a deal.   I could see the Phillies being delusional enough to believe they have a shot this year, though. 

MDS

amaro and monty arent running things anymore, theres no delusion

just hardcore numbers and probability. they know, even with machado, their odds are zilch to win a title. not to mention any big trade they make will be for a player with many years left on his deal. they arent giving up assets for a rental. your likely trade is for hamels, kelvin herrera, something small like that.

Rome

The one guy I would actually love to see the Phillies trade for is Harper.  Not because I want him but because it would destroy the Nationals and probably kill Havas to have him then lose him.

MDS

it would be really cool if they traded for mike trout, too

maybe make a trade for 1998 barry bonds?

Rome

I'd rather have 1991 Bonds.  Or 1974 Joe Morgan.