2016 Flyers Season Thread

Started by SD, October 12, 2016, 12:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I meant it appeared it was possible that the Flyers were going to send him down.  And he looked like dogshtein the first half of the season.  Granted he was "injured" but after his rookie year he was a major disappointment.

Geowhizzer

Vegas took Bellemare in the expansion draft.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

what in the farg is going on!?!??!

this is corey pronman (universally repsected) final mock

1. New Jersey Devils: Cale Makar, D, Brooks (AJHL)

The popular notion for months has been that it is Nolan Patrick vs. Nico Hischier for this spot. But in the past few weeks, it has been indicated to me from several NHL sources that the Devils are leaning towards selecting Makar first overall. Moreover, GM Ray Shero has been following Makar around to get a closer look during the final weeks of his season. It's possible if Makar is the Devils' guy, this is a trade-down scenario for them.

If the Devils stay at No. 1 and Makar is the selection, it would be a ground-breaking moment in the draft. Makar would be the first top overall pick from Canadian Jr. A since Barry Gibbs in 1966, and the first top selection outside top tier junior/NCAA/pro hockey since Brian Lawton in 1983.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

flyers at las vegas feb 11....whos in

PhillyPhreak54

It's the week after the SB which sucks otherwise I'd go

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 22, 2017, 05:18:53 PM

Traveling to Philly for the parade instead?

ice grillin you

will hotel and flight prices be cheaper the first weekend after a big event...or are prices for a non big event weekend always the same

i would think the very first weekend after any big event would be the best time to go price wise

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on June 22, 2017, 05:27:44 PM

Traveling to Philly for the parade instead?

Lol no but I go to Vegas for SB weekend so I'm not staying for a full week plus.

Havas - sometimes. It depends on what conventions are going on. If they have a lot booked then it will be more expensive than a big event weekend. Corporate expense accounts pay full fare on the rooms.

ice grillin you

sounding more and more like the devils are really going to take the defensemen so flyers will get their pick of the two centers (unless someone trades up)

MDS

you dont gamble why are you going to vegas
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i heard you can bet on sports there and they also have a lot of drinking going on

MDS

its the worst 3 week stretch for sports outside of the summer, but whatever ill go if matty goes
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 22, 2017, 11:36:30 PM
i heard you can bet on sports there and they also have free drinking going on

PhillyPhreak54

They're trying to kill the free booze...ticket writers are getting stingy with the drink tickets. A $20 bet for them usually helps get five or so more tickets tho