Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on October 13, 2011, 02:29:10 PM
I slap stupid people in the face three, four times a week.  Never caused a single problem for me.

So how's fatherhood treating you?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on October 13, 2011, 02:45:21 PM
Arguing for the other side, if you were 100%, you would be so stupid that you wouldn't know how to spell the ethnic slur everyone uses to describe you.

Dago.

Actually, both spellings are common.  I don't know for certain which was the original or "proper" spelling, but I do know that there's a town in Italy called Dego, so I've always assumed there was some sort of connection between the town and the slur. 

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

They're both common spellings, one just happens to be a common misspelling.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on October 13, 2011, 02:54:45 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 13, 2011, 02:53:07 PMActually, both spellings are common.

Google each and tell me that again.

Dego, which originated as Diego (Spanish) is commonly used to describe Italians, Portuguese and others of similar appearance.

Dago comes from "As the 'day goes'" which is how Italian laborers were paid during the early 1900's. 

Either could be applied but I guess "Dago" is the more offensive term.  When it's spoken though it's impossible to tell the difference.  I guess from now on I'll have to ask people to spell it so I know how much hate they're putting behind it.   

General_Failure

That's what we do with stillupfront and stillupfront's mom, so why not?

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

The filters on this board are out of control. 

Diomedes

They are like 9/10ths of the charm.

that is incredibly accurate

Sgt PSN

Fair enough. 

Now let's get back to the fact that reese doesn't know the difference between a pizza and a tomato pie. 

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

reese125

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 13, 2011, 04:29:46 PM
Fair enough. 

Now let's get back to the fact that reese doesn't know the difference between a pizza and a tomato pie.

Stop yourself.

Rome

Tomato pies are for Romes from Trenton and Tacony who are too provincial and boorish to call them pizzas like everyone else in the universe.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on October 13, 2011, 06:36:01 PM
Tomato pies are for Romes from Trenton and Tacony who are too provincial and boorish to call them pizzas like everyone else in the universe.

lol...pretty much.....its also for wanna be italians to sound LEGIT....kinda like bennigans on st pattys day
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous